Heads or Tails?

Heads or Tails?

A Story by foxfly_grace
"

I was thinking about how I never be happy about the decisions I make. I do one thing, change my mind, and do the other, and yet I'm still not happy. That inspired this.

"

Two doors. One on the left. One on the right. Both the same size. Both the same color. They open the same way; they have the same knobs. No difference. They are twins down to the last splinter. And yet, you can only choose one. How do you choose? I ask myself the same question as I stare at my path options. I look to the left, then the right, and left again, like I’m checking for traffic, and if I make the wrong choice, the cars will barrel into me and harm more. Possibly kill me! So what’s right? The gas, or patience? Will the doors change in some way to reveal where I should go? No, that isn’t possible. There isn’t, nor will there ever be a difference between the doors. No outside force can show me the right way. I had help getting here, yes. But now, it’s my own choice. It is up to me to decide where I go from here. The left, or the right? I close my eyes. I pull a coin from my pocket. If both doors are the same, what could be the difference in the outcome? I flip the coin. As it comes down, I think, heads - right, tails - left. The coin stops. Spins a little. And I look down to see tails. I bend over and pick up the little nickle and slip it back into my pocket, follow the coin’s advice. Left. I grab the knob and spin it, pushing the door toward the new path, stepping in and closing it behind me. I look around the new room, and smile. It’s everything I ever want. Esperanza is there. She smiles and comes up to me and kisses me sweetly, and holds me as her parents come to greet me with smiles, like they actually like me. My own parents come up and I hug them, and it doesn’t feel awkward. I pick up my two nieces, and kneels down so that my nephew can hug me as well. My best friends are waiting for me, all smiling as though I am a missing piece to their group. I look around the faces around me, happy, and smiling with them. And then a thought creeps into my mind. What was behind the door on the right?

© 2014 foxfly_grace


Author's Note

foxfly_grace
No notes. Enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on January 20, 2014
Last Updated on January 20, 2014
Tags: Regret, confusion, unhappiness, sadness, unhappy, indecisive, confused, unable, change, help, sad

Author

foxfly_grace
foxfly_grace

Sundown, TX



About
Just a guy who enjoys writing. Lyrics, writing anything. more..

Writing
Esbreon Esbreon

A Poem by foxfly_grace