Global and Human Resources

Global and Human Resources

A Story by fred perry
"

The management staff at V-Pharmel uses multiples aspects of performance management techniques to influence the manner, in which their employees conduct themselves and complete their tasks. From the ca

"

Global and Human Resources

The management staff at V-Pharmel uses multiples aspects of performance management techniques to influence the manner, in which their employees conduct themselves and complete their tasks. From the case study involving Aj and his colleagues, it has become rather clear how the management strives to achieve its management goals through specific activities in the company. This paper provides an analysis of the case of V-Pharmel to show how the management at the company uses various management techniques.

One of the aspects of performance management practiced by the company is the aspect of understanding expectations. The individuals, who join the team of management at different levels in the company, for instance, management trainees, are subjected to learning where they are informed about the expectations of the company. Thus, one of the expectations that Aj was told about was to ensure that he would engage in the socialization with his colleagues. Another aspect that is evident in the company is performance reviews. Performance reviews allow managers to understand how other individuals in their organizations perform in their respective areas (van Dooren, Bouckaert, & Halligan, 2015). Aj together with other management trainees was subjected to a review process after a report that had indicating their level of performance. Sadly, his result was not impressive, and due to that, his contract was terminated after him working in the company for just a short period. Notably, it appears that Aj, as opposed to other management trainees, has failed to do well during his first experience in the company.

One of the things that could have been done differently was to implement a comprehensive mechanism of feedback and coaching. At the beginning, the new members should be allowed to understand how the organization works, and then, they are supposed to be given an opportunity to improve their performance. Therefore, after the report on the performance of employees, the management of V-Pharmel was supposed to highlight areas that they felt one should improve before terminating their contract based on the first appraisal report. Notably, the rate used in evaluating trainees at V-Pharmel was unjust because it did not involve another aspect of an individual such as performance. Thus, it appeared that evaluation was done exclusively based on the level of socialization of an individual. According to Jeston and Nelis (2014), a good appraisal system should allow managers to identify constructive feedback from multiple areas of performance of their trainees. The main reason for this is to allow managers to identify core competencies that will meet the goals of their organization.

V-Pharmel believed in some values that they considered as a critical aspect of their growth process. One of them is self-improvement. The company focuses much on training new management trainees each year, with a clear focus on ensuring that they can improve their management skills. The fact that the company also gives them supervisors is an indication that they are indeed able to internalize the idea of self-improvement. One way, in which the evaluation would have been achieved differently, is through providing the opportunity for new members to set their own goals so that the company could determine the level of individual discipline (van Dooren et al., 2015). Notably, setting personal goals allows people to have the spirit of self-drive, which is an essential aspect of growth.

V-Pharmel’s managers can avoid the conflict of interest within their areas of operation. The dismissal for Aj came from a different department and not the one that had done the evaluation. Even with that, it was never possible for Scott to overturn the findings of the report. Scott’s behavior is ethical in the sense that it promotes fairness since Aj has been subjected to an evaluation, conducted by a group of individuals. Another likely way of achieving such goals differently is through having appraisal process that indicates both individual's strengths and weaknesses (Jeston & Nelis, 2014). A proper appraisal process according to international human resource standard should give both strengths and weaknesses of an individual.

In conclusion, V-Pharmel uses various management techniques to provide specific orientation to its management team. The company, as well as its performance management system, is well structured. However, it should make some adjustments to accommodate specific element of workplace goals. Most importantly, the management system should give more room for improvement for employees.This article was written by Fred Perry. More my works you can see here best-writing-service.com

© 2021 fred perry


Author's Note

fred perry
writer

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

29 Views
Added on March 2, 2021
Last Updated on March 2, 2021
Tags: writer, essay

Author