disintegrating hope

disintegrating hope

A Poem by freelancejouster

game shows and trivia shows blare on, relentlessly, in my quest for more knowledge and outsmarting Watson someday.  i sit there, or lay there, in front of this mind-rotter to gain information, on my amble a*s, semi-perpetually.  and i have a teenage daughter, did i mention that?  and a wife, somewhere, probably.  but her, i've not seen in awhile.  and the truth is that i rarely see my daughter except for when she's walking through the rooms i occupy, head bent low, headphones in, over-sized hoodie on.  it's not her's, it's someone else's, her boyfriend's probably, or maybe one of her guy friends, i forget.  and i would be worried, except for sometimes when she pauses in the room, she'll pull an earbud out, listen to half of a trivia question and mumble the answer confidently before retreating back to her own world and ambling out of the rooms, bringing with her hope for the future.

© 2011 freelancejouster


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

interesting social commentary in this one. too many people are addicted to their television or some other electronic device that isolates and estranges us from each other. bleak outlook here, but certainly not without reason. wonderful wordcrafting!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this has a heavy feeling of neurosis... or so that's what I got out of it. but the end was rather uplifting, a well done feat considering how small of a piece it is. I like things with pervading feelings of apathy. good job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 6, 2011
Last Updated on May 18, 2011
Tags: life, father, thoughts, trivia

Author

freelancejouster
freelancejouster

WI



About
i'm a muppet with his secrets revealed. i'm a lost teenager. i'm a rugged adventurer. I'm a bumbling novice. i'm an awkward intellectual. i'm a tear-stained lover. i'm a starving artist. i'm an.. more..

Writing