You Move Me

You Move Me

A Poem by Frieda P
"

A very lovely woman I've met here sent me this photo, I was moved by it, read it as you wish.

"
Awe struck... 
        by the beauty of
        your light
       all the colors of passion
 swept me away
to a mystical place
 in my soul's sight

Fire and ice
 rapturous entanglements
weaving and staking
 its claim in space
I see the wonderment
     of a child's' laughter

The dignity of royalty,
 the fight for life,
tearful cries of joy
 and blissful encounters
a newborn life
   that explodes onto this earth
           crimson that connects
 our lifeblood and ardor

  Fierceness of a lioness 
         protecting her cubs
honesty and true blue
          dedication with fervor
majestic moutains
            of pride and grace

A safe place to rest
 the weary head at peace
  I see all these colors
          that shade your luster
it shapes my world
            glistens my hope 
     and moves my being

© 2013 Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Only someone with a beautiful heart and spirit could have written this poem....You...your heart...and the words that you spill...Sometimes its hard to see the rainbow through dark glasses....such a tender piece that reaches into the depths....
I think this one is very telling and very well done......I thank you for the share....and for being so special....:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

That is quite a compliment coming from you Angel, one who writes such constant beauty in her work..... read more



Reviews

I love the way you begin the poem, "Awe struck," you know with an opening like that the writing is going somewhere.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

That's exactly how I felt when I looked at that photograph...thanks Deliah.
Great description gave life to the poem. I like the many strong statements in the poem.
"Fire and ice
rapturous entanglements
weaving and staking
its claim in space
I see the wonderment
of a child's' laughter"
The above lines were my favorite. Always a pleasure to read your poetry. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

That's my favorite too Coyote, glad you enjoyed it...thanks.
This piece leaves me "awestruck". Such passion that rises to the surface of your poetic soul! I love each line, each description you vividly place into my mind. Bravo Love!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Now that's funny, 'fever of the overly emotional sponge' sounds like there is not cure...just keep l.. read more
Priscilla Sayers

11 Years Ago

:)
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

:-D
This poem is mesmerizing and gorgeous... the wonder that is love goes beyond this universe. You certainly did the picture justice and then some.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks Dale, missing you....no planting weird pics on my profile! ;-P
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

Well have no fear cause I am here... weird pic a coming :)
First of all, the picture is immense. It show the vastness, turbulence and astonishing power of space through vivid colors and perspective. It is no wonder you have penned such varied impressions within this poem.

Elements of space are mysterious; elements of life can also be enigmatic. For millions of years space has existed in turmoil and serenity. The earth has also experienced this. Yet here we are. Life is a wonder to behold if we just look around. Scientists have known this for years. The picture in this poem is a good starting point for those who are interested in being amazed and inspired as you have been through this writing.

Good poem.


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Relic

11 Years Ago

haha, you might want to take a minute and read my newest one as it relates to reviewing. I always en.. read more
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

ha did I speak too soon? Love it no matter what and yes, I'll be sure to do just that...
Relic

11 Years Ago

:)
There is so much beauty in so many places in this world, giving such bliss to the soul... if only we would just look around us...Our amazement and delight would never cease.
Joy, dignity, compassion, beauty, of our fellow creatures...it is this that gives us the strenght to go on and brightens our outlook on a gloomy day.

Once again superb! Thanks.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

You said it Divya...some days we are blind to the beauty...thanks so much.
' Fire and ice ~ rapturous entanglements ~ weaving and staking ~ its claim in space ~ I see the wonderment ~ of a child's' laughter '

What a wonderfully touching stanza .. made me gasp. For me, this entire poem makes me pause and think, pause and wonder, go back to the picture .. stunningly beautiful and extraordinary .. then see how you've actually written illuminating words. They stretch.. no, radiate out and tell secrets such as, 'moves my being'.

Just realised that i feel as if you've displayed a special room in your mind. Beautiful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Your review made me gasp...thanks so much for leaving this wonderful response Emma.
emmajoy

11 Years Ago

Meant every word; got to the end, wrote what i felt immediately. Still feel the same..
you are the color of love and refuge....

you are the breast to lean my head against when i feel sad, or threatened...you are my rock...

i really like this poem and its expressiveness--the fierceness yes, but the tenderness too.

one spot...should be "its claim in space"---

good write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks jacob for the lovely review and correction.
Wow Incredible photo.. I can see how it inspired you to write this uplifting piece..Nice work !

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Renée

11 Years Ago

your right it doesn't take much to be inspired...but it does take talent to convey feeling like you .. read more
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Awh thanks, that was like a warm hug..... :-)
Renée

11 Years Ago

( :
Wow - really enjoyed this. I can see why the picture inspired, and you went beyond doing it justice. I love the hope, intrigue, and wonderment of this poem. Truly spectacular, Frieda.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Sweet review Sera, thanks so much.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1177 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 19, 2013
Last Updated on March 1, 2013
Tags: awe, beauty, wonder, hope, friendship

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Peaches Peaches

A Poem by Tate Morgan