You Cried Blood Tears

You Cried Blood Tears

A Poem by Frieda P



Could I have saved you,
 I'd jump that ledge myself
       were it the soul abductor,
        I'd have gladly taken it
               upon my own sword...

Last leap before insanity
the light so blinding
   you lost the flight
            fatality of all dreams
        plunging to the dark abyss
     without a safety catch net

Familial scarlet tears 
     rushed into the wind
                and stung my cheeks 
    scorching blood left a scar
            that drifted unto my heart

© 2013 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P
Awarded Tragically Beautiful in the Needles in the Eye contest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i always feel your emptiness wherever you write about this subject. i know the " am so sorry for you" wouldnt do a thing but probably trigger memories.... but i admire your courage and you are the most brave person i know, and i know you would go all the way to have protected her, but you did what you could so stop blaming your self atleast you tried. and those responsible, will still die because i know no one livces to inherit this world.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks for your support and kind words luviva, always appreciated.



Reviews

There are no words to placate, or to make it better. We only can hug our children a little closer, or a husband, a lover, a friend. Preferably, all of the above. The moment is suspended in time, and in the morning, for an instant, we think it didn't happen, and then we have to relive it all again.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Such great poetry encourages my eyes to read more! More I say! I will read more of your beautiful poetry! Hee hee!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Both beautiful and utterly heartwrenching ("sad" isn't a powerful enough word to match these emotions). I can both feel and see the pain... Amazing.

You and your sister are in my prayers. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


i loved the images you have drawn here..

Posted 11 Years Ago


I am thinking your sister again. As always wonderfully penned and full of saddness.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I'm sorry to read about your sister...was scrolling the comments...I've lost a couple people this way

I like some of the quirky wording and kind of almost classical style to this..it's something I toy with in my writing at times..

"taken it upon my own sword" I love that phrase a lot



Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful! I made a drawing like this once. I got bored so I doodled an eye with colored pens and it had red tears. For some reason the part about leaping reminded me of inception :P

Posted 11 Years Ago


Thoughts, images, visions, pictures flood the mind constantly, though unfortunately rarely provide the answers that we seek. lending help to the fact that soon we will realize that those questions, at least how we ask ourselves, truly have no answers. Sad Frieda, my heart breaks each and every time I step into this realm with you. All I have to offer are words, which usually are not enough.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is incredibly moving, your emotions are so raw and honest, it's incredible. I hope in time your scars can start to heal but until then your words are a perfect oputlet for your pain.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks for reading and your kind words IonaFaith, much appreciated.
i always feel your emptiness wherever you write about this subject. i know the " am so sorry for you" wouldnt do a thing but probably trigger memories.... but i admire your courage and you are the most brave person i know, and i know you would go all the way to have protected her, but you did what you could so stop blaming your self atleast you tried. and those responsible, will still die because i know no one livces to inherit this world.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks for your support and kind words luviva, always appreciated.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

845 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 22, 2013
Last Updated on November 1, 2013
Tags: suicide, loss, scars, tears

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..