You Cried Blood Tears

You Cried Blood Tears

A Poem by Frieda P



Could I have saved you,
 I'd jump that ledge myself
       were it the soul abductor,
        I'd have gladly taken it
               upon my own sword...

Last leap before insanity
the light so blinding
   you lost the flight
            fatality of all dreams
        plunging to the dark abyss
     without a safety catch net

Familial scarlet tears 
     rushed into the wind
                and stung my cheeks 
    scorching blood left a scar
            that drifted unto my heart

© 2013 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P
Awarded Tragically Beautiful in the Needles in the Eye contest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i always feel your emptiness wherever you write about this subject. i know the " am so sorry for you" wouldnt do a thing but probably trigger memories.... but i admire your courage and you are the most brave person i know, and i know you would go all the way to have protected her, but you did what you could so stop blaming your self atleast you tried. and those responsible, will still die because i know no one livces to inherit this world.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks for your support and kind words luviva, always appreciated.



Reviews

As I've mentioned to you in the past, I relate too much to this scenario, as I lost my best friend to suicide 10 years ago.

Your writing has such a range, Frieda. You can jump from comical to sultry to a subject as painful as this piece. Plus, you tackle each topic perfectly.

Lines like "were it the soul abductor" and "fatality of all dreams" paint this poem with an almost eery/spooky vibe.

It definitely can penetrate the reader, as it did to me. Intense greatness as usual.


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Very much appreciate your kind words always Cyntax. I know we feel this same pain very deeply, thank.. read more
I like the way your poems always seem to be written. And I mean that as in how they are sort of zig-zag'd down the page. I don't know how you do it without spending a lot of time doing it, but it makes it very cool. I'd also say it sort of buffs the content of the poem. And I am a bit surprised reading a suicide-type poem coming from you. It's sort of a break off from the usual erotica ;p Which I do read. I just haven't been reviewing as much as I should. You know you did a good job with this, so there's no need of me telling you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

I never really thought about it Michael, I kind of write them the way it comes out of my head, I gue.. read more
*hugs* I wish I had more words to console you on this matter...I'm just not sure what to say anymore except that some of your best writing has been borne of this tragedy...just as you wish you could take her pain away, I wish I could take yours away in turn...the others who have commented have offered such eloquent condolences and I sit here struggling to find words beyond the comfort I offer...it almost makes me feel guilty...but you know you have my support always and I do share your pain.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

11 Years Ago

And you know that appreciation is mutual :) xox
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

You're too good to me :-) xo
kublakhan27

11 Years Ago

You deserve it :) xo
you know my history and i have talked with you at length about how many of my family and friends have chosen an "early departure" from this world. it rocks a person to their very core and removes so much of importance from the equation of life. we can never know what these gentle and pained souls were going through to make them decide upon that fate, but we can honor their memories and give them the respect of filling our own lives with as much joy and passion as possible, so that they may, vicariously, continue to bless our lives and feel our love for them. we owe them the debt of gratitude for having moved us so deeply and touching our lives with that brief spark of their own. you rock my world with these emotional and personal writes, posy. i love your beautiful heart.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

This touches me deeply quin, you've about said it all here. Thanks for being a good friend to me. x.. read more
quinfinn

11 Years Ago

ever and ever....scout's honor
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Alright, you know I'm going to ask if you were ever a scout? x
This one cuts to the quick...as these pieces of yours so often do. As hard as it is to read them, knowing their origin, I know if you did not write them you would go bat s**t insane...keep them coming. xoxo

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

ha, somehow 'takes one to know one' came to mind *laugh*!! xo
KAOlmsted

11 Years Ago

Hey, if the Manolo Blahnik fits ;-)
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

hahaha wooooo! ;-P
Sudden death of any kind is harrowing for anyone close, but suicide scorches souls. Well written, Frieda love. P.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

It certainly does Pete, a good way to put it...thanks so much.
i've lost friends to suicide...hard for those left behind..and so may questions...terrific write here...really emotional for the reader...

jacob

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

The questions never cease...I'm till amazed at how many can relate to my words when I write of suici.. read more
soul abductor what a heart felt piece
it is laced with such anguish
so sad suicide you have expressed it I am so upset I can't even write
thank you for sharing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks for your kind words Holly...much appreciated.
Omfg, you had me crying at this one. This was such an emotional, heartfelt piece. The death of someone you love so much is hard and will always have a piece of your heart, there is no one that could fill that gap, that empty space you feel when you lose them. There will always be loads of questions running through your mind, questioning yourself, could you have seen it coming, what could you have done.... But just know that all they needed (and got) was your love and that's all they asked for.

" scorching blood left a scar
that drifted unto my heart"

Powerful lines, this was really well written and the emotion was raw. Stay strong hun xox

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

You're too sweet Sye, this one was a very emotional write, there are so many questions that plague t.. read more
s y e

11 Years Ago

No problem at all, it was an emotional read for me xox

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

845 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 22, 2013
Last Updated on November 1, 2013
Tags: suicide, loss, scars, tears

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..