~Quill Me...

~Quill Me...

A Poem by Frieda P

I sip you like spiked herbal tea,
           medicate in you from the ache
twirling my toes in your music,
                 whirling in your glow
I reel from your words of sweet rapport,
    when beasts take me by storm leaving me spent
I've crawled in your bed, fed upon your ego
                                         and spoken to your heart
we've walked hand in hand across hot dusty beaches
              drunken galvanization from oceans of mirth
you've chilled me to the bone,
                                   and heated my core
Turn the page and lie in anticipation of what's in store
                   under the influence of versification
                          I can hardly walk a straight line
there is no cure or rehab for this kind of intoxication,
            no release from enticement of paper, pen, quill nor
                                                  words distinctive invitation~   

© 2013 Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"I can hardly walk a straight line
there is no cure or rehab for this kind of intoxication,
no release from enticement of paper, pen, quill nor
words distinctive invitation"

This is so true & it's something that I believe only writers can truly understand. I always carry a small notepad w/ me because sometimes a coworker says something silly that I know I can fit into a piece I'm writing, though I do take a little creative license:) This was wonderful, Frieda. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

I agree, people that don't have it in their blood to write, think we're obsessed, a good obsession I.. read more



Reviews

I just finished training my legs and I can't walk a straight line either so you and I can stumble up the street like real writers looking like were s**t faced. I liked this poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Ha only you could leave such a review Mark!
To be tattood by the essence of another...it is both a compliment and a curse. Branding feels good for a little while...but when the ink begins to smear....it's difficult to erase or rewrite the past.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Not into smeared ink, so...good analogy Cobra.
s p i k e d - sounds familiar, lol. I liked the natural flow of this piece. It is very effortless and sexy yet the sweetness remained intact. Like a country girl flirting with a city guy :D

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Ha you would pick up on that word Maryanne! ;-)
I loved your progression through the poem as I made my way through each line, taking in the passion of the write. Love truly does some crazy things to us.

~Raven

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

It surely does, thanks Raven.
The desire for love; the desire for words, for communicating on the deepest level - you give some wonderful dimensions in this write, Frieda. You hit all the senses - taste the tea, hear the music, feel the whirling sensation and the heat... well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

So glad you liked this one Rita, I hadn't even realized that myself actually, thanks so much.
I like the way you added to the next level of desire and fulfillment with each new thought added to this poem. Making the flow of the poem feel like a request to feel a emotional high that need to be fulfilled. I like the closing line to the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Ah an emotional high, oh so nice, thanks Coyote.
Wonderful metaphor Frieda.
A familiar topic with a neat sketch from your pen. I saw the quote you posted on your profile on the WC yesterday. I love that quote. Kind of goes with this poem too.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Great quote, someone left it as part of a review, it's a favorite now, thanks David.
 David Scott

10 Years Ago

Yes, I read it there and in the last lines of an "about me" for another writer.
We walk at Ca.. read more
Like a daydream. I'm sitting at a bar, alone, your poem in my hand, sipping a vodka and soda (with lime) in a tall glass through a thin straw, I watch as the level of the fluid in the glass reduces with each line that I read. I feel something rush through me as I reach the bottom. I push the glass forward and signal for another. Then close my eyes and imagine the day that someone beautiful would say these words to me. How beautiful your poem is my dear friend. I feel lifted.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Wow Jack, your words are poetry even in a review, thanks so much!
Dear Frieda as always an emotional rollercoaster of metaphors that delve deep in the psyche to leave emotions raw.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Haha John, that's me, an emotional roller-coaster, thanks for your lovely thoughts!
Beautifully done, always love the way you use words and weave emotions into your poetry.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Much appreciate it, thanks Voice....

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1237 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 18, 2013
Last Updated on May 20, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


dear mom dear mom

A Poem by quinfinn


Change Change

A Poem by KeelyJane