Mankind's Desert

Mankind's Desert

A Poem by Frieda P

Stars started bouncing from the skies
light fractured the universe
sunshine toned down its hue
man in the moon hummed  a dark tune
grassy knolls turned to desert wastelands
the day mankind relinquished peace....


© 2013 Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Let's hope this never happens. Very cool Frieda and a bit different for you, but I like it. This plays right along with Un-Versed Life. What happens in the future no one knows, but I can only hope it continues to bring your beautiful poetry to me. Life without music, poetry or now peace, as your wonderful poem states, I will not think of any of that.

Your are talent personified, your mind never stops, your beauty finds us in your words for your poetry is beyond amazing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

As always you're way too kind my friend, wanted to try something different, a topic that weighs heav.. read more



Reviews

I can totally relate Frieda. As another cold war kid I have that inherent fear and my contingency worked out since the invasion of Afghanistan by the USSR. I remember discussing it with my teenage friends. Most said we'd move towards the places that were thought to be targets rather than live in the awful aftermath.
I hope this is not our fate.
X

Posted 10 Years Ago


The day the world changed forever: the day we discovered that we are capable of destroying the world. It should be marked a day of mourning, introspection and reaching out to fellow man. Your words are stark pictures of the event, and they trigger the vortex of fear.

Posted 10 Years Ago


aint that the truth. I am a cold war kid and that fear has never left me.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Whoa, Nostradamus lives...well, maybe that's not the right analogy given the dour subject matter, but you certainly speak with incredible prophetic authority here...this is hands-down one of your better short pieces...the imagery is chilling, it's also brilliant...powerful stuff here Mrs.R :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Different than what you normally write but well done and yes the pic fits quite well.

Posted 10 Years Ago


first of all that pic is goes well with the poem and secondly I loved reading this one.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nuclear warheads that shimmer like the sun... how beautifully dark.

Posted 10 Years Ago


AND WE DO IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN. AS CHURCHILL SAID THOSE WHO REFUSE TO UNDERSTAND HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT. IT IS A SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS AND UNMASKS US AS THE ANIMALS WE ARE NO MATTER HOW WE DRESS OURSELVES UP.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I just watched Olympus Has Fallen last night. Although the movie was definitely entertaining, there were many unbelievable parts. I sure hope we never get to the point of someone hitting the crazy button!
Well done, Frieda!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I love the darkness of this piece, Frieda.. but then there is no other way to tell of mushroom clouds and wastelands. Wonderful job with this one.

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

728 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 16, 2013
Last Updated on August 17, 2013
Tags: mankind, war, demise, desert, peace

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Luna Luna

A Poem by Sami Khalil


Salome Salome

A Poem by Pryde Foltz


This Blood This Blood

A Poem by Frieda P


Confide Confide

A Poem by A. Amos