Clay Shadows

Clay Shadows

A Poem by Frieda P

Stuck under an avalanche 
of pristine calculations
your universe of denial
crashing upon my head
truth is still valid
even when buried deep 
in primordial rubbish,
you molded it,
          like malleable virgin clay
huge agile hands, lithe figure
            left out to dry
cracks emerged from the facade
still your imprint was left behind
dirty little secrets 
        hidden in the darkest night
                still cast a shadow






              

© 2013 Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I hope the healing follows, as prison of the past is penned. Now to release that which holds the facade of power, and let go of the bag of darts. Well done emotionally revealing work. Thank you for opening the door and letting the light wash away yesteryear's residue.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks Valormore, I like 'bag of darts'....glad you enjoyed.



Reviews

Everything we do makes us who we are, makes us that unique person we all want to be. we can choose to be a caterpillar or a beautiful butterfly...... secrets can make or break us though. We may think it's just a little secret and sometimes that may be the case but other times it can break us and our relationship with others.

Not sure if I'm on the right track with this, if not, blame the hospital medication. Lol.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A powerful and thought provoking poem

dirty little secrets
hidden in the darkest night
still cast a shadow - my favorite lines and quite a powerful ending.

Great writing my friend which I have come to expect from you.
:) Julie

Posted 10 Years Ago


You've conveyed the overall theme for this piece in a profound & unique way. Great Frieda. A splendid write & read. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


dirty little secrets
hidden in the darkest night
still cast a shadow

Some acts are so evil, they cannot ever be fully obscured. The cracks in the clay, though - that's how the light gets through... Well and strongly penned, Frieda.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Most secrets will eek out - eventually - for all to see. My parents used to make us swear on Saint Anthony that we were telling the truth.
Dear St Anthony forgive me ;)

A powerful vein flows through this one Frieda.
X

Posted 10 Years Ago


We can allow others to mold us if we choose or we can take charge of the kiln and become what we want. Everything it seems, shapes us, manipulates us, spins us on that potters wheel...it is our choice to come out a beautiful vase or a flatten lump of clay. Indeed secrets, hidden or otherwise can change the shape of how we feel...but once again, only if we let them. Very cool my sweet friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Well done, Frieda... your pen has been on a roll! Touching on every avenue of the human consciousness with flair and talent.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I hope the healing follows, as prison of the past is penned. Now to release that which holds the facade of power, and let go of the bag of darts. Well done emotionally revealing work. Thank you for opening the door and letting the light wash away yesteryear's residue.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks Valormore, I like 'bag of darts'....glad you enjoyed.
It is so hard not to let the misdeeds of others shape our self and sabotage our future. Clay is made harder by fire but hidden hurts within can see it busted. Passionate write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

Yep but the 6th. Had a feeling.
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Something else we have in common aside from being insane haha
Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

HAHAHAHAHA
good imagery and poignant, especially the avalanche, poke through snow like an erection Yeti.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Jazzed by your review, an 'erection Yeti' that's a first for me...thank you.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

508 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 11, 2013
Last Updated on September 11, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


This Blood This Blood

A Poem by Frieda P