'Still'...

'Still'...

A Poem by Frieda P

If the sun were to set in your eyes
as the moon settled over my soul 
falling to the depths of an ocean's mile
I'd 'still' remember how you made me feel
& everyday that ends in why I'll miss you

© 2013 Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Five lines...that's all it took for you to touch my heart with this poem. We all miss people and it affects all of us in different ways...but when the missing is constant and how they made you feel is only found in memories, then the sadness is a pain we only wish we could miss. Frieda, you are an amazing poet and I am so thrilled I have the opportunity to read you and call you friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

You've truly touched my heart, this one apparently wrote itself, I had a high temp and when I awoke,.. read more



Reviews

'Everyday that ends in Why..." - the simplicity speaks volumes here Frieda. Gorgeous poem from a gorgeous soul.

Posted 9 Years Ago


So sad, yet it has a contented feel to it. Moon settling over the soul is inspired.
ATB

Posted 9 Years Ago


I'd "still" remember how you made me feel
& everyday that ends in why I'll miss you..
No matter how much time has passed or how many seasons have come and gone. The word "still" holds so much emotions. I loved this piece!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much annabella, this one holds a special place in my heart, glad you enjoyed.
forever with you ... unseen and unheard ... always deeply felt

Posted 10 Years Ago


So beautiful in it's message and simplicity Frieda! It's hard losing those we love either by circumstances or death. Great poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nicely Done...No matter what keeps us apart... loved ones are always held within our hearts..

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ron
What a wonderful poem Freida. Makes me believe there is out there. thank you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sweet Frieda, you have a way of touching the heart and soul that allows the emotions you express to drift down on the wings of the butterflies as we sigh and take in the sadness you carry in your heart. The sun and moon covers the whole of it! It is there 24/7!
Beautiful!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sweet as you.........what else can I say :)
awe-struck :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


oh so sweet and you know what,
i got confess i envy you.. jokes
but your imagination and art is non comprehend-able.
not only in writing but also the way you portray your writes.

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1835 Views
53 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 20, 2013
Last Updated on October 22, 2013
Tags: sun, moon, ocean, depth, remembrance, feelings

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..