Wafting Wildflower Musings

Wafting Wildflower Musings

A Poem by Frieda P


You whispered so gently when you tucked violets behind my ear
as we writhe on a bed of windswept  poppy petals,      the earth moved
the sun shone on your face whilst the moon dipped in our sighs,

that was the last time I felt your warmth aside me
yet in the stirring chill of unfurled dark November mornings,
I can still smell the wafting scent of wildflowers in my hair


© 2013 Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is so heart wrenching, stunning and just beautiful. There is so much emotion to it.

"as we writhe on a bed of windswept poppy petals, the earth moved
the sun shone on your face whilst the moon dipped in our sighs,"

-- wow Frieda, you write some amazing lines that just blow my mind.... This is what I call perfection.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks noodlebumble, I'd dance to this review but ya know....muchly appreciated! x



Reviews

The words and imagery int his tear at you. It is a poem of love and loss. It was quite breathtaking in its delivery.

Posted 10 Years Ago


You need to put inserts into fantasy stories. I love the pieces you write like this. It's so pretty. I can't even find the right word for it. You're one of the few people on here that can always put out the emotions and scenery into your work, making it shine bright and clear to anyone who reads.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Now you do know the words that let the emotion out don't you Frieda?

Posted 10 Years Ago


As always, you portray the longing for someone (or something) quite flawlessly and with divine simplicity: that it was there once and isn't coming back.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks for your gracious review Tai, always love hearing your thoughts.
Lovely...windswept poppy petals.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sensual and beautiful, yet another pristine garden from the landscape of your poetry, dear Frieda.
Should I lose all memory today, I pray at least these words would stay.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

What a wonderfully sweet thing to say Misery, grazie mille my sweet friend.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Wow, I really enjoyed this poem a lot. Not only was the sensory detail there, but I also liked the concept of how a person carries a part of the past with them--like the scent in one's hair. Great write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Jazzed you enjoyed, thanks so much Cord.
This makes me sad if I ever had to remember the intimacies if the one I love and makes me happy realizing I don't. Such a dreamy write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks Mike, much appreciated.
Oh I have missed reading your fine words Frieda! You have such a way that brings out so many emotions when I read your poems, soft, sad, strong, gutsy, gorgeous. You do them all with such style!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much wordwarrior, nice to see you back!
This makes me miss summer and yearn for spring already. Is there anything better than love outside, when nature seems to suit itself to our liking? Beautiful, wistful poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much Epi, greatly appreciate your thoughts here.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1471 Views
49 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on October 27, 2013
Last Updated on October 27, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..