November Cries

November Cries

A Poem by Frieda P

November cries crimson grief in your name
another birthday passes without pause
tears rain from the heavens in restitution
do the doves coo in light of you,
are your wings brighter than the sun,
have you climbed that phoenix to salvation,
what were your thoughts in that last breath,
did you continue to think of me as you leapt? 
my prayers for your safe journey were never interpreted
send me a sign on the day you were born
a miracle of butterfly's flutter upon autumnal skies
you are buried deep in my heart although your ashes
wafted towards ageless blue moons to radiate into stardust


© 2013 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P
captcha~omnify
Another beyond luverly tune composed by Jack...thank you my dear friend.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Sadness pours from your pen this day my sweet friend. Your love for your sister always shows in your words and your thoughts. I know she is proud of you and she feels each and every one of these you pen. My heart weeps for you and the emptiness engulfs me as I read. Your are an amazing talent Frieda, even when the fog rolls in thick and heavy on your mind you still can see beyond the darkness to the light that was Lee. And believe me, she sees your light each moment, she feels your love and wants your smile to return. Your gifts to her are also gifts to us, beautiful memories that we will never forget. Just remember, you are not alone...we walk with you, hand in hand.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Larry Dyson

10 Years Ago

just spoken many times of what your beautiful , sharing in prose has produced in my heart , soul and.. read more
Cassie

10 Years Ago

Hey Jack, thank you for speaking most of our minds, we adore you Frieda. I couldnt say more. Peace t.. read more



Reviews

though there is sadness in this poem there is also so much love. This is a moving piece Frieda.

Posted 10 Years Ago


That's very personal and well-written ! I can see how heart-felt every single verse, every single word is ! If poetry has to convey feelings, you definitely did it !
Great job !

Posted 10 Years Ago


Tugs at the heartstrings, it's so very beautifully written, I feel your pain, hoping December is better.

Posted 10 Years Ago


The painful emotion behind this speaks to that part of me that holds onto those I've lost. Beautifully done, my heart goes out to you....



Posted 10 Years Ago


for me, i feel you have taken the words from my mouth...since what you have written here really touches me deeply...i was talking with a friend recently and i said, i dont like November..it reminds me of my father's death...he replied, me too...my mother was died in November too! and here, you add to it...


Posted 10 Years Ago


nice work Freida...creatively written to place one into that reflective mood of memories...nice....

Posted 10 Years Ago


I love this and it covers everything so well! Beautiful writing on the subject and it shows your thoughts so well. Missing a loved one in this month is something that I have in common with you. I was born in the month, but it is a sad one for me.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Once again you took away my breath with your words. This is truly sad, but it is balanced out by the silver lining that you have nimbly weft within each phrase. Wonderful!

Posted 10 Years Ago


There is tremendous beauty in sadness and even more beauty in the soul that can interpret such sadness into such a beautiful effigy of love for someone whom has departed. Each line is timeless and tender, a transmigration of tears into the soul. I feel your loss, and that closing line is a sublime summation.

Posted 10 Years Ago


November cries make me sad...but it's so nice and and Luverly tune well composed by jack love it....:(

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2399 Views
59 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on November 9, 2013
Last Updated on November 10, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


You... You...

A Poem by MsJewel