Disconnect'd / death of a mockingbird ~

Disconnect'd / death of a mockingbird ~

A Poem by Frieda P

fell to earth like the death of a mockingbird
claws still left in my heart's discontent
lost its shine before its untimely demise
musings came undone mid-flight
this plight never had a chance to fly
scatter wildflowers on my grave-site
will you kindly please,
here lies the soul of peaceful lyrics
   
    sing song's                   
        harmonies 
               disconnect
                     from
                         reality's 
                              rhyme

© 2014 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is so sad my sweet friend. That feeling of having broken wings when we lose someone very close to us. Watching them fly off makes it so hard to get off the ground at times. Try as we may, our wings refuse to take flight and our heart breaks even more. This was achingly wonderful Frieda. Made my heart slow just a bit.

Had me singing the Beatle’s Blackbird in my head as I read.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise.

Amazing as always Frieda.


Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much Jack, I love that song, it makes me cry every time I listen to it. Carly Simon and J.. read more



Reviews

when my wife died (1989) she was very young ... she is buried next to a steam and pond that has geese and swans in it during the summer ... i took our children there to plant wildflowers along the shore so am immediately reminded of that ... your poems contain so much in the way you put things .. i am never quite sure what deeper meanings may lie beneath but am hooked every time .. mockingbird claws embedded in my hearts discontent .... whew ... just beautiful!
E.


Posted 9 Years Ago


Sad and extremely touching, Frieda. And as I'd mentioned to you not long ago, I can relate to that feeling...it's never easy to lose someone, especially long before you expected it to happen.

As for the poem itself, I always love the imagery and descriptions you use, especially "claws still left in my heart's discontent," and "scatter wildflowers on my grave-site." It's amazing how some of our deepest pain can inspire the greatest and most poignant art.

And I'm happy, at the very least, that you feel comfortable to share that art with us.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much for your kind words Eric, you know this one is highly personal to me, your thoughts a.. read more
Oohhhh... Mothernutter. This is sad. Let's mourn for the death of a mocking bird... ;) What's the title of the song? I can't watch the video as of the moment...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Oh geez, doesn't he know music is life-force, how does he expect you to be productive?
Blue

10 Years Ago

I agree! :) But music is not actually making me productive at work. Just distracted. ;)
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Ha you've got a lot to learn grasshopper. ;-)
This poem is beautiful. It's filled the beauty of a mockingbird.
Amazing song.(:
Keep smiling.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks again Simran, muchly appreciate the visit and review, jazz'd you enjoyed. :-)
Beautiful just beautiful.

Kaze~

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks, jazz'd you enjoyed my sad ditty Kazie....
♔ CrownedDevil ☾

10 Years Ago

Your very welcome. ^_^
This is very sad...
a bird want to fly free in sky.... why can a hit her or caged her?
lovely but touching poem.
this plight never had a chance to fly
scatter wildflowers on my grave-site

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks Ssadd, muchly appreciated.
here lies the soul of peaceful lyrics ....You absolutely know how to get away with words. Keep doing this. I enjoyed enjoyed enjoyed

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thank you thank you thank you :-)
Dead birds all around thank you muchly. Oh man, I was drowning in sap and romance till I worked my way back thru my requests and came upon yours and Jack's dead birds. Thankfully. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Ha I was thinking the same, but I figured you'd catch my drift..................
Lyn Anderson

10 Years Ago

Oh I do my deer, mmm dear -- spelling! LOL.
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Buck that doe....did i say buck, I meant....hahaha
"Sing song's harmonies disconnect from reality's rhyme."
The unfortunate truth hidden within the essence of this very line, the sorrow that accompanies the realization that talent means nothing if the circumstances don't support it... Dismal, but truthful. I like it, especially in the sense where you watch as the other birds around you take off into the skies while you're trapped on the ground merely because the song you sing won't play perfectly with the tune reality sings . . .
What enticed me was the fact that there exists a species of bird (I can't recall which) that requires its younglings to learn a song perfectly to ensure that other, hostile species don't invade the nest for a quick meal from the mother . . . Having the voice but never learning the song, only to be punished by not being fed because you refuse to learn a song that a parent requires . . .

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Wow that's interesting Tai, never heard that one, but it does fit in perfectly with the concept, tha.. read more
Tai Ryens

10 Years Ago

Aha, yes, your poem brought to mind that species. If you're interested, all I can recall of the spe.. read more
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

I'll definitely look into that one....figures it's a Cuckoo bird....ha
fell to earth like the death of a mockingbird
claws still left in my heart's discontent

Who will sing for us now with the death of the mockingbird and the heart, all in one fell-swoop. Painful and poignant write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Good question Pryde, thanks so much.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

867 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on February 28, 2014
Last Updated on March 27, 2014
Tags: mockingbird, death, relationships, rhyme, flight, wildflowers, peace, reality

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~ If ~ ~ If ~

A Poem by Frieda P