She...makes no excuses

She...makes no excuses

A Poem by Frieda P

She is soft and tender,
    but not in a posh pink kind of way,
 more like gooey marshmallows dripping
          in dark chocolate sauce and cherry wine
She's tough and resilient,
             yet unlike brittle nails,
      more like a vibrant lioness, protecting her cubs....
She doesn't need a knife to cut your heart out,
            one look, and you've turned to stone
She's playful in a big kitten with claws kind of way
          ...serious like Wuthering Heights
She garners her strength from within, 
   drawn to the moon's horizons, like rivers that flow to the sea
She is a woman standing strong within her glory and malfeasance,
          and she makes no excuses for her imperfections...


© 2014 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Because her imperfections are hers and she embraces them....no one can take that away from her! What a glorious character study you have written here, Frieda. You speak of a strong willed woman with a heart as big as New Jersey! :) I enjoyed it very much. Lydi**

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

I knew you could relate to this one, you strong willed woman. :) Grazie mille, jazz'd you enjoyed.
Lydia Shutter

9 Years Ago

Oh, yea, I am that....no doubt about it! :)



Reviews

Ok. One word.. Brilliant. Knock my socks off kind of brilliant. Beautiful, strong, sassy, take no prisoners, make no excuses, brilliant. When are you coming back?

Posted 9 Years Ago


Love the power and confidence of this poem. And love the song too! :D

Posted 9 Years Ago


This was beautiful! I am not too familiar with this classy woman but, you captured me anyhow. That's great writing! When someone watches a movie and has never heard of the main character but, by the end of the movie, it's their hero, or someone looks at a beautiful picture but does not know of the photographer, but at first glance wants that photographer to take pictures of them! That's what you did for me. This is great.

Posted 9 Years Ago


What a great tribute to Audrey Hepburn! She accepts her flaws because they are hers, and she is entitle to have them, no questions asked. When she was alive, it was hard for a woman to be optimistic in a world like that, but she showed everyone she could be.

A great character study on Audrey Hepburn! A great and fantastic actress.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Because her imperfections are hers and she embraces them....no one can take that away from her! What a glorious character study you have written here, Frieda. You speak of a strong willed woman with a heart as big as New Jersey! :) I enjoyed it very much. Lydi**

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

I knew you could relate to this one, you strong willed woman. :) Grazie mille, jazz'd you enjoyed.
Lydia Shutter

9 Years Ago

Oh, yea, I am that....no doubt about it! :)
I love a woman who reads in the tub.
I also like them soft and gooey.
Gotta watch those claws though, yikes.
Very nice write.
Enjoyed,
Jip

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Well you know, it's always up to you guys if the claws come out or not....thanks for your thoughts J.. read more
"she makes no excuses for her imperfections..." this last line was the cherry on top for me, totally classic Audrey! Great job :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much Liz, nice to meet you...
LizzyLK4

9 Years Ago

Thank you and likewise
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ty
Audrey Hepburn is one of my heroes because of all the stuff she lived through, she always kept on the bright side of things. She always put others in front of herself. You did such a great job capturing these traits.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much Ty I have to agree with you 100% there....she was a class act.
A poem about one of my favorite ladies of film. Few had equal her beauty. I enjoyed the poem. Woman in the days of old. Needed to stand their ground. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry. Also very good music.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much John, muchly appreciated. She is a classic beauty, I so agree....
I really love this poem. It is a beautiful tribute to Audrey as well as to the woman who is a go getter. I think that the last line is a wonderful way to end the poem and it leaves the reader feeling empowered. Excellent work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much for your kind words and visit Liliana, it was really meant for all us women, but I ad.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1497 Views
39 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 11 Libraries
Added on July 24, 2014
Last Updated on July 24, 2014
Tags: woman, strength, glory, imperfections, Wuthering Heights, dark chocolate, tender

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..