Memoirs of battle-lines

Memoirs of battle-lines

A Poem by Frieda P

Built a self-made prison of fear and beliefs,
     wrapped in tissue paper blankets of regrets
 discordant conflicted rhyme of untimeliness's wrath
    combat fatigues are worn out at the knees,
bombardment on the front of exposure's war
     prolonging disturbance's harbor'd damages,
active participant in a memoir of battle-lines  

© 2014 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Sometimes some of us get trapped in a time warp where life appears to pin us down and not let us free from negative emotions. Sometimes though we can chose to break free. This appears to suggest the prison is self made and a corollary is that we are trapped by our own choice even though there are reasons for our grief and sadness. As always full of emotion and descriptive metaphors.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

It is what it is, sometimes the math just adds up and we can't escape our demons, if that makes any .. read more



Reviews

Very frightening poem, especially when it's a"self made prison" being described... battle lines are drawn and can be barriers or can be crossed... both it seems have their own consequences... everyone always hope for a happy ending, which doesn't happen often... I think most not only remain behind those bars, but also never stop feeling the throbbing of the scars... rattle the bars Frieda.... the memoir hasn't ended yet and there is so much more to tell....
I have already book marked your poem Frieda... xoxo
~~redzone

Posted 9 Years Ago


Battle weary....we all feel this way from time to time. Why do we set ourselves up in situations that require battles.....and sometimes with ourselves? "combat faigues worn out at the knees" what a great visual that is! I liked this one, Frieda. Lydi**

Posted 9 Years Ago


Oh my time for me to sit down and take notice this could have very well be written by someone that knows me and that is not good from my point of view and it is even hard just to read it as the words go in and well it doesnlt feel that good. Oh but my exquisite machinery of torture has never been so well fed.

This is for me a palpable reading canlt quite figure out what it is at stake but I thankyou all the same

Your skill never ceases to amaze me

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


Another well written poem, deep and thought provoking.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A self made prison made from the weak stems of our own insecure emotions. Your words have expressed greatly the illusion of our minds.The key to unlock the prison is in our own hands.Still sometimes fate defeats us and drains all the enthusiasm from our minds leaving us disillusioned and pessimistic- i was hunting down for some poignant poetry and here you' ve adorned it with your pen. :) marvellous Freida..

~Sophy

Posted 9 Years Ago


life refuses to let us get away with deluding ourselves .. when the arts fail us trying to release our demons; we have to let go the trying ... find the very real place of contentment .. and grow :)) at least seems to me .. if we don't,we have another go round with the same things until we do learn ;)
your poem is very thought provoking for me this morning .. very real and said in your unique and immutable fashion ..
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ive been here my dear friend on more than one occasion. Life's tough at the best of times and the weight f the world bears down on our poor souls. Why do we smile much less than we frown?

Keep good people around you and things will get better. Break the shackles and never look back.

Troy

Posted 9 Years Ago


Your pen never disappoints, how have you been my sweet friend

Posted 9 Years Ago


self-doubt...we imprison ourselves in it...the fatigues worn out at the knees...praying for sef-confidence to get us going again. to recover from the damages.
another strong introspective write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Another gorgeously penned masterpiece Frieda, thank you for sharing this. Sometimes it is hard to free ourselves from our home made cages of fear and doubt.

wrapped in tissue paper blankets of regrets

That line got me though. Yes she is wrapped up in her regret, but it is tissue paper. Stand beneath cleansing rain and she can sigh as the regret washes away from her skin. Lovely work!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

696 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on July 31, 2014
Last Updated on July 31, 2014

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Moments Moments

A Poem by MsJewel


Moving South Moving South

A Poem by MsJewel