~Butterfly effect~

~Butterfly effect~

A Poem by Frieda P
"

_this is not goodbye, love you to the moon and back, miss you more than life itself ♥♥

"


You can't flutter by, 

  and not affect everyone
   you've so graciously touched,
heart of gold wrapped 
   in ethereal veiled wings of strength
we gazed upon your emboldened flight
     right from the beginning of time
blustering storms now overshadowed,
     cast in your onward flight
yet, so bittersweet you've risen
     above the ashen earth's rebound
destined for skies of brilliance
   free from ambivalence's rhyme
awash in your splendor of glory
  overcoming in your wayward graces,
what may be is still a mystery
   to all of those who believe,
tomorrow's whispering promises linger
       on a zephyr quietly awaiting ~

~you can't flutterby and not affect everyone you've touched~




“It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.” 
― Rose Kennedy

© 2014 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh Frieda, of all of your poetry, you have written for, or about your sister, this one is very special, in the way, you have written the perfect eulogy for her. I hope, when my time comes, I have someone like you, to tell the world, who I was, as a person, a friend and a sister, to them. Thank you, for sharing this poem, with us.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

therisa

9 Years Ago

It isn't, Frieda, but has provided a lot of poetry, written over the past 5 weeks. Not sure, what to.. read more
Frieda P

9 Years Ago

You should share them, there's always someone out there who can relate, I think poetry makes us feel.. read more
therisa

9 Years Ago

Sigh, have 96 poems to transcribe first, before I can do anything with them. Not a task, I'm looking.. read more



Reviews

Frieda, this one is beautiful, soulful, and sorrowful all wrapped up together. I love the song that you paired with it. It is a powerful tribute to someone obviously close to you. Thank you for sharing it with us. I almost feel like I'm intruding somehow in a very private and closely guarded part of your brain or your heart to even read this one....so thank you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

So grateful you enjoyed this one, and for your gracious review Star, this one is about my beloved si.. read more
Bright Ocean Star

9 Years Ago

Its easy to be kind to you. Many blessings for you and prayers for your sister. God bless you.
zephyrs and effusive shifts of color. Yes. The Cafe is wonky as hell so I don't know if this will even post, but if it does. this was lovely

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

So happy to see you back at the cafe Tam! Thanks so much for your sweet words, yes the cafe never c.. read more
I imagine this one is about your sister or the loss of someone else very close to you. This one is just pure brilliance wrapped up in a melancholy package.

~you can't flutterby and not affect everyone you've touched~

This line being small at the end was an interesting choice, if one wasn't reading carefully they might have dismissed it on accident, but perhaps that is part of the intention. I also loved the quote at the end, it tied everything together beautifully. Wonderful write my dear!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Yes, this one is for my sister Lee, thanks so much for your gracious review Ashira, muchly appreciat.. read more
A beautiful stream of wisdom here.

The song adds a very poignant touch.

Peace & Blessed Be

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much sharonlee.
Felt some wrench inside my earth with twinkle in my eyes seeing how beautiful a melancholy can look like and the song gave me goosebumps. Thought of all dear ones who I can not meet again. I agree with you pain has to remain because they define us. Only strength can be increased.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Wise words as always Avinash, thank you for sharing.
A moving tribute. My thoughts are with you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much for your kindness Noel, muchly appreciated.
I have purposely not read this one until now... and I swear Frieda, my eyes are pouring right now.. this is honestly the most breathtaking piece I have ever read... When you have someone touch your life, in your heart, they become a part of you... it is like they own a piece of your soul.. when it is someone with such a beautiful spirit, such innocence, such a special place in your heart, and you lose them it is earth shattering... it is heartbreaking into a million jagged pieces, it is your world collapsing, and your mind driven to points of incoherent insanity...

with the beauty of faith you can believe that you will see them again, that they are in a place of serenity and angels.. that their spirit is now free and at peace... you believe that they are no longer suffering which makes it bittersweet with the pain of losing them... sometimes you have wavering beliefs about the way things work exactly, but in your heart you hold that hope that you will see them again...


now, about this music... from the first dang line... the imagery of letting go of your hand... that sent chills down my spine and made my hairs stand on edge.. from then on every line hit my heart with such powerful force with beauty and truth... . then when they hit the lines, "this is not goodbye"... the tears begin falling... holy hell... this is absolutely amazing...

It is true... something that shines so bright even if only for a short amount of time leaves its mark on the world and the lives that it touches....
I think this is the most touching thing I have ever read... ever... .... My heart goes out to you.. you know you have ((hugs)) and sloppy wet kisses anytime day or night... you know that no matter what I am here for you, whatever you need... I know I speak for most when I say, that you have a gorgeous spirit that touches anyone who meets you and are loved and adored by many....

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

My goodness April, your reviews take my breath away, good thing you waited, if I had read this yeste.. read more
AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

I will take that squishy hug.. and yes.. waited for both of our sakes.. I KNEW better...
It w.. read more
dear Frieda... so beautifully penned
"so bittersweet you've risen above the ashen
earth's rebound destined for skies of brilliance"...
tomorrow's whispering promises linger on
a zephyr quietly awaiting". truly... Pat

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Muchly appreciated Pat, thanks my friend.
Its beautiful, just the way there are so many around who affect us without even touching us, we don't know each other yet the good bye matters.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Thanks for your kind words Mayank.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2009 Views
42 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 8 Libraries
Added on August 7, 2014
Last Updated on August 10, 2014

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Moving South Moving South

A Poem by MsJewel


Space Space

A Chapter by Matching Socks