Sweetest sanctum ~

Sweetest sanctum ~

A Poem by Frieda P
"

life's poetry

"
The reasoning in safely closing my eyes at day's end
          embracing the kiss of morn in the awe of dawn,
the sanctuary that keeps me grounded
   where beauty grows 'tween the cracks of darkness
             & logic and senses discern life's poetry, 
          sacred haven of every desired whim & thought
a port when life gets stormy, pure beacon of light,
     breathing in symbiotic perfection of salty sea sprays
 sanctum of escaped prayers answered inkind, 
     lifting me to a higher power's spiritual holy place
    impervious refuge when the world seethes perpetual fire,
relinquishing all turbulent fears and doubts
     rescue in release's invulnerable intentions, 
        unfurling in this retreat of sweet absolution's surrender 

© 2014 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Breathtakingly beautiful piece girl... the music is so powerful and moving.. the words are like lyrical honey... sweet and satisfying... The flow and melody of ideas just lift the soul higher and higher towards that sanctuary... we all need that "port in the storm" to escape to when times get rough... The peace of mind to close our eyes and drift to a place where the worries and pains disappear for a moment... a place where those desires and whims can thrive between the cracks of life's darkness... where survival isn't on the menu--LIVING is.... a place of bliss and spiritual soothing.. where it feels as if our prayers have been answered and we are for one small moment not afraid, not hurting, not doubting, not hiding in the dark... the light shines brightly and the soul thrives in the warmth... a place where you don't feel weighed down with the worries of the world... writing can be such a place... dreams another... I escape off into my music and my head.... but whatever that "sanctuary" may be---it is needed.. and should be cherished as the life-saver that it is... can I just say freaking WOW..... this is beyond beautiful... it feels like a spiritual healing... stunning in every way... it tickles my heart with rays of angelic iridescence and welcoming warmth... amazing as always....

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

ahhh a burst of imagery and implied spirituality to put me to sleep as im headed to bed. will be reviewing plenty more of your works off my read requests (very late sorry) tomorrow after i write my speech and annotate some research. wonderful poem as always and with that i grant you a goodnight in the morning.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Its always good to have an escape. Ink is a portal to different worlds beyond our reach yet we are able to catch pieces of it on the tips of minds and leak it on to paper planes for eyes to read. A perfect realm of peace. Just thoughts that came to me while reading.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I had a peaceful feeling as I read this one, nicely stated, a pleasure to read.

Posted 9 Years Ago


There is something wonderful about laying down to sleep after a hard day. It isn't just the body that is run down by the many activities, it is the mind and the soul as well. It is amazing what six to eight hours can do to regenerate us, while taking us to a different plain of consciousness, astral or imaginary. Beautiful work dear.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This poem today was so very charming. It had a soft feel to it. Poetry is a haven and a wonderful one at that. It can hold us in our darkest hour and make the world beautiful And your poem is that beautiful and more. I really enjoyed this today Frieda.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frieda.....this is way way too good, I loved so good to read especially at the ed of a hard day

Posted 9 Years Ago


I have always escaped my pain in the sanctity of sleep. Thanklfully I dream little. This has an air of release, of gently escaping and surviving.

Posted 9 Years Ago


this piece softly swept me away with its beauty and essence..

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tomorrow....things will be better tomorrow. We tell ourselves that over and over again, but sometimes that tomorrow we are hoping for does not materialize. However, if you learn to absolve yourself of the "sins" of past mistakes, you can find serenity and inner peace. There is always that silver lining....even on the darkest of days. This is an uplifting one and an empowering one, Frieda. I liked it. Lydi**

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frieda!!! IT has been way too long since I had read one of your pieces!!! MISSed You :)
I want to start of by your title:I absolutely LOVE IT!! I'ts one of those eye catchers :)
woW!! I love how you wrote this! POEtic and In depth!! A strong and beautiful piece I must admit!
A great piece you have shared here! I could feel my self sinking in it revealing the inner secrets hehe :)
I really love it !!
well done indeed and thanks for sharing!
-CDB

Posted 9 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1371 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on August 16, 2014
Last Updated on August 17, 2014

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Moving South Moving South

A Poem by MsJewel