Coffee & poetry ~

Coffee & poetry ~

A Poem by Frieda P

 Aroused by the wafting aroma of coffee,
    & the tête-à-tête 
of poetry's hummingbird lyrics,
           unfolding like symphony's origami
persuasive satisfaction of my heart's intention
   creativity's desire surging as each word prances
across the pages of interchangeable divine thoughts
      symbiotic splendor whirls in meditative sentiments
          within entity's contemplative dreaming tumult,
an iambic foot of rhythm's hypnotic control
     wandering in poesy's contentment
     satisfying the restless gypsy's urges,
sweet inspiration's prolific rhyme unfurling
    in the synergistic dance of collective harmony


© 2014 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P
silly captcha - turnaway


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Coffee and poetry. My two favorite things. Amazing description my friend.
"an iambic foot of rhythm's hypnotic control
wandering in poesy's contentment
satisfying the restless gypsy's urges,"
Nice to know the feeling the contentment of pen and paper with the good taste of coffee near. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Two of my favorites also, thrilled you enjoyed the gypsy urges Coyote, thanks so much.
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome Frieda.



Reviews

Wow... this can come out only from your pen as you love both....beautiful.... :))

Posted 9 Years Ago


Coffee goes great with poetry

Posted 9 Years Ago


Yup this definitely sounds like an explosion of inspiration. Caffeine, and ink and a creative mind mix well together. Beautiful enlightening jewel you've penned.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I certainly like it when a poet uses words that I never would, mixed with many that I do. You caught my attention with 'Wafting' which is a favorite word of mine as in "Sunlight splashing through the wafting leaves, reaching the ground as dust drops."

Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KLV
Love this poem. " wandering in poesy's contentment
satisfying the restless gypsy's urges," was my favorite part. keep writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


While I do enjoy coffee, I rarely drink it... I am more about tea, I drink so much tea, and hundreds of varieties (my tea cabinet is better stocked than my refrigerator and pantry combined...) But with that said, I can totally dig the idea of having coffee to help the mind flow a bit sharper. When you get a chance, I recommend checking out the writer 'Elwyn' on this site; they are another free-verse poet. They don't use many impressive words or metaphors, but the way their writing flows is sublime imo. They also write ALOT about coffee; thus why I brought it up!

Posted 9 Years Ago


What a way to start the day hm? Get the creative juices flowing early and you know you will be spinning masterpieces out the whole day. That is how I imagine you come up with so many wonderful works so quickly. I wish I liked coffee. I love the smell, but the taste just doesn't work for me.

Posted 9 Years Ago


OMG. This is soooooooo good. I must say that I really love your lingo. Its really calming and soothing. It really sets a great atmosphere of the effect and both coffee and poetry has on the human mind.

Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ANM
Captures the essence of what a poet and poetry is,you have it in spades!

Posted 9 Years Ago


ohhhhh you gypsy you! i fell under the gypsy spell in the first four lines ... lotus flower unfolding .. from red to violet .. my iambic foot in mouth ... i should learn right!? ..
i love your poem .. such a simple pleasure is coffee .. and poetry explodes from there ..
E.
ps. also enjoyed the song ... let the worries fly .. we should all just dance

Posted 9 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2005 Views
39 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 18, 2014
Last Updated on August 18, 2014

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Space Space

A Chapter by Matching Socks