Spun out anomalies...

Spun out anomalies...

A Poem by Frieda P
"

_spoonful of smoke & mirrors_

"
poetic retractions
      gnashing night's prayers 
scribbling braille,
    written sideways
         in holy water's retention
spinning music the color
            of naked psycho
burnished souls keep on ticking,
              half past compromise
     spoonful of smoke and mirrors
         sans sugar's trip,
anointed of rose red 
            bloody false pretenses
dancing off-balance 
       as pseudoscience
            allusions's  pirouette
whirling out of control on
        staged tapestry's loftiness
surrendered ballet slippers 
        of blister'd promises
twisted metaphors
         tuned of spun anomalies
birds on a wire tweet,
          rusty blue's rendition
rendered as inky inquisitions
           of pedal'd pink fluff
exhaling paroxysms of 
            enraged deliverance 
nothing is as it seems  
through
     figments of 
           pigmented
              window's
                  grand delusions

© 2014 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I feel this in a different way....naked, uncovered, phonies of poetry...I feel like one sometimes...I have the delusion I am a poet...but where do the words come from? I am uncertain...am I really writing what I write...is my pseudonym a cover up for a false front...a false identity....is my poetry just smoke and mirrors, am I perjuring myself with my words?

lots to ponder, given your words...this is incredible.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Coming from you that means a lot, thanks jacob for your insightful words...



Reviews

I missed your words. Always a pleasure to fall into your words. I liked your thoughts and questions in the amazing poetry. Grand delusions can make us dance on the wrong dance floor. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Your poems are always gracious Frieda and I adore you inch by inch each read. I can tell how much you have been spun out and from my interpretations, you`ve been spun out and trying to come up with a conclusion as to what/who is fake and what/who isn't.

Great work and I love the physical flow of your verses.

K.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kickass poetry, Frieda. Lost within your words, you ponder back to that old standby, "What's it all about, Alfie." The greatest minds (your included) had written thousands of tomes and epic poetry to seek the answers we all so desperately need answering . . . Still, I wonder if, when answered would that still our thirst for more?

Posted 9 Years Ago


Thank you, Frieda P for another creative write. Your poems take readers places, I like that!

Posted 9 Years Ago


No sugar, but that pedal'd pink fluff keeps us choking it down... An amazing spiral of pondering, Frieda.

Posted 9 Years Ago


There is such innocence amidst the wandering here...the case of the shell, broken yet not fully open, preserving the moments it can inside...beautiful xo

Posted 9 Years Ago


What lovely descriptions of the highs we go through as we adopt arguments and argue with people whose opinions seem like gibberish, whose logic we can't seem to grasp and the same goes the other way around. Two people speaking the same language but different dialects, getting so frustrated when nobody can get anywhere. Why, as you've described it, it's almost like the intense feeling of ecstasy sans the high and the joy! Well done, as always.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Oh my, this is so poetic. I'm a bit disappointed to myself when it took me a while before I understand. I love the structure, the words and metaphors. Amazing write is all a young girl could say. ;)

Posted 9 Years Ago


your poem brings a nice smile to my face .. we all blow a little smoke now and then .. but thank the good Lord for expression .. every line a treat as per your way with words and spinning .. thank you for turning me on to the song .. it has a lot of tenuto ..
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Always happy to bring a smile to your genuine face E..if you were a song, you'd have plenty of tenut.. read more
This poem and many of your poems have this amazing effect - its like watching a strobe light if that makes sense. Bright flashes of words quickly on the paper - often prismatic, beautiful and sometimes the darkness between the words is jarring.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Must be why I'm dizzy all the time, thanks Tam.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

751 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on September 22, 2014
Last Updated on September 22, 2014

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aris Aris

A Poem by Tate Morgan