Diabolical detonation

Diabolical detonation

A Poem by Frieda P

Diabolical has run amuck
   twisting maniacal wildflowers 
            in my brain stem,
uncompromising angst yanked out tresses
       purging stinging speech patterns,
poetic posies hung upside down to dry
        facing the other side of agony
in galleries of deranged snapshots
         and warped tapestry's poetry,
dancing to the tune of Led Zeppelin's 
   Sick Again on ceiling's concave tiles
my name written inside out
      twisted in Greek braille calligraphy 
calling out in compulsion's hysteria,
   no one heeded the sounds of synapses 
about a fated half moon's analytic rants,
    doomsday's synthetic clocks chimed 
        quarter to a cuckoo's nest,
   still awaiting on serendipity to surrender 
        in a curiouser rabbit hole's electric arc
relinquishing the language of 
              escaped rhyme's detonation

© 2015 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, now this was very cool. Your style Frieda P. is so very unique. Even something dark like this feels free....

"relinquishing the language of
escaped rhyme's detonation"

The way you say things, your phrasing is fantastic. Sorry to see your account is closed.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Without a break in the blackness of things you push the goodness off the cliff of abandonment. Tense, tight!

Regards,
Al

Posted 7 Years Ago


I must have been asleep on Jan 15th caused I missed a "diabolical" rich and haunting poem of yours.. and here it is almost a year later and it's as if I am reading all of your poems all over again... I think the line that struck me deepest was "my name written inside out" cause like all of your poems you let all your emotions, diabolical, sad, depressed, loverly, all of them that saturate you displayed on the page in inky tones and pull us into that dark dark rabbit hole... you bring us to such a beautiful soulful "detonation" Frieda and I for one welcome it, all of it!!

redzone

Posted 8 Years Ago


Wow, now this was very cool. Your style Frieda P. is so very unique. Even something dark like this feels free....

"relinquishing the language of
escaped rhyme's detonation"

The way you say things, your phrasing is fantastic. Sorry to see your account is closed.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A photograph in words....truly I could picture it all. Seeing your poetry again is just wonderful. "Poetic poesies hung upside down to dry"...what a surrealistic trip that paints for me! Your alliteration gives this poem a haunting rhythm that enchants....and that is no surprise. Welcome back, Ms. Pickle! Lydi**

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A dark yet crazily lucid journey, in your trademark style with a twist. Welcome back.

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 4 people found this review constructive.

sometimes i think my poems are just deranged snapshots of my reality. half-moon's analytical rants, because if the full moon came out it would show i was certifiably crazy...but maybe i am.
those rabbits better scoot---they will blow up with my poems...
this is so cool, you create a sort of "watership down" with this...look out for Fifer...

so good to read you again...

jacob

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 4 people found this review constructive.

The attraction that is felt at times is not defined by the beauty of the object itself but how we feel about it. For example "Diabolique" running amok or its counterpart on the writing is a thing of beauty for me that is. I have always been attracted by the conceptual archetypes you create in words. It seems that it hasn't only manages to go wild but also determine several impressions and perceptions. Yet you still await maybe patiently maybe not, maybe in expectation of what may be brought to you.

Never a dull moment or so it seems.

Thank You.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

I'm humbled by your kind words Rene, I so love reading your reviews, always gives me more insight in.. read more
The thing about outer beauty is it can hide the ugly truth beneath the surface… quite a rhythmic tongue twister you have hear.

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

No doubt...you know I never like to make it too easy for ya Dale.
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

9 Years Ago

Good cause easy is boring :)
Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Glad to be of service. :)
twisting maniacal wildflowers in my brain stem - I love the image this conjures

uncompromising angst yanked out tresses - has anyone ripped their hair out more poetically or beautifully than this!

Looks like you've still got that magic in you! :)


Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

I should of used my own image. :) Thanks, you've certainly made my day Ana Sophia!
I read the poem - then I read the poem.
Then I looked at the picture you posted and suddenly - the poem fell into place. At least, for me.
Consistent in flow, as you always are.
(I never knew of a rabbit hole with an electric arc. Learning something new is always a good thing.)
I enjoyed the moments here - as always and usual. Mike

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Ha rabbit hole comment made me laugh Mike...couldn't really find a suitable graphic, had to doctor o.. read more
Michael G.

9 Years Ago

Glad I brought a smile. Be excellent - as always!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2424 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on January 15, 2015
Last Updated on January 15, 2015

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Second Cup Second Cup

A Chapter by Matching Socks