What is a Christian

What is a Christian

A Chapter by Ethan Paz
"

A description as to what a Christian is and what he is called to do.

"

 

                Christianity has been widely accepted. It is widely popular for one to call himself a Christian unless other wised posed. The word Christian, when spoken as an individual sense, is merely a good person. Therein lies the problem and the condemnation as many (John 3:17).
                Christians did not exist until after the death of Jesus Christ. That does not mean other religions existed before Christianity. For God is the Alpha (Re 1:8). Before the crucifixion of Christ, people would identify themselves as servants of God by their words and deeds.
                The word Christian is only referenced three times in the Bible. Christian in Greek means this “a follower of Christ.” Another familiar word to replace the word Christian is the word disciple. Disciple in Greek means “a learner, pupil.” It is quite clear many Christians, nowadays, are not learners. They are doing quite the opposite and that is being ignorant or lazy. A real Christian follows and patterns his life after Jesus Christ. He also learns from Jesus by reading the scriptures and do all what he says (James 1:22).
                We live in the Golden Age. Technology surrounds us and we all have the ability to grow in God’s grace. Yet spiritually we are in a Dark Age. For most people are hypocrites and know not the Lord Jesus Christ. Unbelievers call themselves Christians when truly they are not and Christians call themselves believers when they are walking in the flesh and thus are hypocrites. This age is highly hypocritical. Society tells us to follow the norm and to live out this life but God calls us to Him. Better it is to live in the Inquisition than to live in this apathetic world.
                The Inquisition was a time of intense persecution from the Catholic church against the Christian church. Men, woman, and children were persecuted for their faith. Men would die by the sword, woman would get raped, and children would drown. Yet how precious is the blood of the saints in God’s sight. A true disciple follows Christ . . . even to the death of the cross.
                We Christians do not serve God only on feelings but we worship Him in spirit and truth. If being a Christian costs me death than glory be to God for I can do all things through Christ (Phil 1:21). Jesus said in Mark 8:34, “ . . . Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.” We Christians follow Christ. Where He leads I will follow.


© 2010 Ethan Paz


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I feel this peace lacked humility. It comes off in sort of a preachy better than though tone; kind of like the Pharisees and Sadducees who downed Jesus for not holding true to the teachings of God. The true Christen religion is the same religion as Judaism, with new revelations and teachings through Jesus from God. Jesus taught though example, and he did his teaching in crowds of sinners. Jesus atoned for our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane, when he bled from every pour for our sins; it was at this time when Jesus suffered as no man had ever done before. Many people died upon the cross. Only Jesus bled for our sins in Gethsemane, which was where the Atonement took place; it is here where he suffered as no man has before. I will not quote scripture for I do not pretend to be a scriptorialist, but I know that judgment is for God and only God, and his teaching are meant to spread love; not to make a pillar for one to sit on and claim to be more Christian than others.
RLG,
Tommy


Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 16, 2009
Last Updated on August 24, 2010


Author

Ethan Paz
Ethan Paz

Iron River, MI



About
What's up I'm happy your here now reading my content. The content is organized in different sections for your convenience. Many of life's questions will be answered when you read my writings. So c.. more..

Writing
Hot Temper Hot Temper

A Poem by Ethan Paz