Atheism: the Way, the Truth, and the Life?

Atheism: the Way, the Truth, and the Life?

A Chapter by Ethan Paz
"

A mix of philosophy and religion but it considers the basic questions of atheism with answers from Christianity.

"

                If God is righteous than why does He cause pain? If God is “Omnipotent” than why does He not show His power in the world? If God is holy would not His followers (Christians) stop being hypocrites? The Bible proves in itself that Christianity is a lie. Christians are only people who believe in fantasy.

                And to this I say, “Rightly so.” The Bible is foolish at first but will you consider as to how all things will be determined? I ask this for choices are peacefully and quietly determined, but once was not so in the “Great Bang.” Should not chaotic conduct beget chaotic behavior soon thereafter? I am saying this for I am comparing the Law of Biogenesis to the choices of life.

An earthquake in Haiti is recognized as a tragedy. But if God is righteous and loving than why does God permit pain? In some cases this can be illustrated in the way of a father spanking his child for chastisement. I am not saying God did this for Haiti but let's go on. In other cases harm’s way comes to show God’s glory. But God does not do what He does in a tyrannical way, but because he wants to show His children Himself or His glory. Whether it be an earthquake or a wide-world plague, he wants to open the eyes of His children to Him. I do not know why God does what He does but He does all things to bring mankind to Him. Who are we to judge what God justifies?

God does not have to perform miracles to prove that He is God. His name already proves it. For instance, the president of the United States does not have to prove to the world he is powerful; his title alone already proves his power! For instance if you are a father and you’re child is at home, you don’t have to prove to your friends that you do have a child. They simply have to accept this truth by faith.

People are flawed. I cut myself using a razor blade every now and then but because of my deficiencies, they do not neglect God’s holiness. The problem is me because of my incapability to keep God’s standard of holiness.. God is forgiving; He has nothing to contribute to my sinfulness.

                Your questions are answered, but my last question is: “What keeps this universe together?”



© 2010 Ethan Paz


Author's Note

Ethan Paz
If you want to argue your point to me just message me and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

To answer your question - Everything that your mind can imagine and cannot perceive is contained IN God. So God keeps it all together. How do you know for certain????
'Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen...'
The Bible, Hebrews 11:1 (New International Version)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The number 42... All is within it... 42... that is the answer of life (See : hitchhiking galactic guide for more precise informations!) I can't say I'm agree, but I like how your opinions and believes sweat threw your writings...

Posted 13 Years Ago


I will say, this is very well written. I'll message you personally though :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Powerful and thorough write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


very very powerful. I like they way you think and put god into your writing. keep up the great work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Powerfully written. Very persuasive. It is well organised. I agree with the others views on Christainty though and their views have very good point. Still a good write though.

Posted 13 Years Ago


God allows freewill and natural law. I don't think he causes natural disasters, but he can if he wants to. He just doesn't stop them sometimes. Very good persuasive writing here!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Powerfully written, although you could, perhaps, expound more upon this particular write :)

I often think God allows pain so that we in turn learn to be happy. You can't have happiness without sorrow. Nor can we learn anything without trial. Trials are experiences that help us learn to be more prepared for the future, depending on whether we assume an open attitude and ask ourselves, not "why did this happen?" but "how can I become a better person because of this?"

Very thoughtful and in turn thought inducing. I like some of the questions and answers you brought up, made me see things in a different light :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


First off, let me just say that this is a very well-organized, well stated piece. But it needs a bit of cleaning up grammatically.

As said before, it seems as though you're attacking Christianity directly, but Christianity isn't the only religion who believes in one God. Your questions are very thought provoking, and I feel as though you wrote this with great emotion, I can read it behind the words, and the way you present this piece. It does seem like God's presence isn't really felt, and, personally, I don't affiliate myself with any religion, because they are man-made entities who forge the powers of God into a form that they can profit from. Religion is nothing more than a hustle.

I can definitely see your points, but I don't think it's God who inflicts pain on mankind, but the demons who once inherited god-like powers from being in heaven once. A good interpretation of this is John Milton's "Paradise Lost." He writes about how the devil, who was once the most beautiful angel, Lucifer, made his fall from grace. These demons definitely have power, and what we're living in is a world were the war between good and evil is as present and tense as it has ever been.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I don't really see Atheism in this piece as much as I do anger at a god by someone who still seems to believe in that god. At best, this is more of an Agnostic piece. As an Atheist myself, I do not question god because I don't believe in a god in any sense.

One large problem (and it baffles me how anyone who writes can make these mistakes over and over again) are your mistakes of then/than, your/you're, etc.

These are simple mistakes that slap a reader in the face when reading a piece. They pull you completely out of the moment and ruin the flow, in my opinion.

I'd say this could be better with a bit more focus and polishing. I see the anger and the skepticism in here, but it lacks focus and purpose. I see where you're going in the end bringing religion back into the mix, but overall it's confusing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hi Ethan,
This is a favorite subject of mine. I posted a response to this on my Home page if you would care to read it.
http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/D-McDaniel/546603/

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1614 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 8, 2010
Last Updated on August 23, 2010
Tags: Atheism, Christianity, suffering, hypocrites, power


Author

Ethan Paz
Ethan Paz

Iron River, MI



About
What's up I'm happy your here now reading my content. The content is organized in different sections for your convenience. Many of life's questions will be answered when you read my writings. So c.. more..

Writing
Hot Temper Hot Temper

A Poem by Ethan Paz



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Life Life

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Cold Cold

A Poem by HorrorMaster


B**b grinder B**b grinder

A Chapter by HorrorMaster





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114