How Bob earned 5 titles

How Bob earned 5 titles

A Story by Lox
"

The Protagonist doesn't always start out the story.

"
Hi there, I'm Steve, just Steve and wow am I bored. I have been doing nothing except procrastinating my entire life. I lack what they call, "purpose" and "goals" in life. So I wander around helplessly like a ghost searching for what to do in this realm. The worst part is, I'm not dead.
One day as I wander notoriously by a park I met a hobo. A hobo who said his name was Bob. I met Bob the hobo, who magically becomes my friend. I helped him out by giving him some money and food. (Yes I have a job) As we both sit idly by the old yellow wooden bench by the torn green grass as the warm wind blew, Bob told me a crucial truth. Somehow I feel betrayed, in pain and agony on how this minute made friend had somehow hidden something important to me: He was not a hobo. He told me he was a God. Shocked and to my dismay and procrastinated life did I have no choice but to believe him. I asked myself if I was getting insane that this momentary hobo was shockingly a God, and I heard a voice that said I wasn't, which assured me.
"I can grant powers maaan." Bob the hobo-God said. Another shock came to me and its not the fact that Bob can grant powers it was that Bob was a hippie. It was Bob the hobo hippie-God.
I replied, "Okay, Bob. I am bored of this body but not of this world. Grant me the power to change myself into any form of matter!"
"Your wish is my command." BOB'S A GENIE!
And Tadaa I have been given the ability to shape-shift into any form of matter. Be it animals, people or objects I can become any of them. And Its all thanks to Bob the Hobo-Genie-God-Hippie who disappeared just when he gave me these powers. So its Bob, the invisible hobo Genie God hippie.

© 2015 Lox


Author's Note

Lox
Steve was a side character boom. Part 2 will happen if anyone even finds this story the least bit amusing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow.... what and imaginative brain fart.... LOL I get those a lot and even posted one. The story makes me think of my son who's name just happens to be Steven. I know this was just a story but really, do not mess with Genies..... I will not say more if not asked but I studied them once and stuff started happening on the negative around my apartment. Anyways, I do like this piece though. It was sarcastic and wonderfully creative, especially for such a short write.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Lox

8 Years Ago

Oh haha thank you for the review mj! I'm sorry I haven't been getting back at you lately. In our cou.. read more
mjsalyers

8 Years Ago

No problem my friend. Out of curiosity, how old are you? Thank you for being so kind and helping me .. read more
Lox

8 Years Ago

I'm sorry I cannot state my age. I just can't sorry. But I'd say I'm below 30. Cheers to 2016 my fri.. read more
Interesting story. Sometimes we want magic powers in our life to change everything in an instant.
Life can be full of mystery and things can happen both good and bad. People can
lead us down a path (destiny) and we can fulfill our purpose. I felt that in my own life from time to time that just talking to someone let me down a path. It was a good one.

Good Story got a lot out of it....

Posted 8 Years Ago


Lox

8 Years Ago

Oh hi there Junction! I'm glad you think so. I am thankful you give some of your time to read and re.. read more
I see this as very amusing, because I see this leading to a series of sorts. I think these new powers can unlock some fun doors, which are normally difficult to navigate to. Keep this kind of creativity up. This level of difference is what will make you shine.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Lox

8 Years Ago

This piece will pose quite the challenge but since I'm not quite fond of story writing I will try to.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
3 Reviews
Added on December 23, 2015
Last Updated on December 23, 2015

Author

Lox
Lox

Batangas, Philippines



About
An aspiring ASEAN Engineer. As of 11/06/2020 my goal is to graduate IE. I've had my fair share of regrets and poor decisions but that does not allow me to accept I would have it easy just because I've.. more..

Writing
Life of a Coward Life of a Coward

A Poem by Lox


Winter Cabin Winter Cabin

A Poem by Lox