The Choosen One, Chapter 1

The Choosen One, Chapter 1

A Chapter by Kaitie
"

trin gets attacked

"

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggg!

 

The blare of the bell rang through my ears and i wince. The principle really needed to change that bell. It deafens me every time.

 

"Trinity!" my best friend, Myra, says, "You gotta go now. Didn't you hear the bell?"

 

I sigh, "How could i not?"

 

Myra laughs and waves as she leaves the room. With another sigh, i collect my books in my arms and walk out into the hall. Since the bell just rang (annoyingly) for home time, the hallway is pretty busy. Teenagers rush around, hurrying to their lockers before their buses leave, not caring weither or not they shove people in the process. Although, i live close enough to the high school that i don't take a bus. Lucky me.

 

I take a deep breath and walk along the lockers until i reach mine. Luckily, its just a couple doors down from my last class, Math, so i don't get pushed around much. i have no clue what ill do when second semester starts.

 

Unlocking my locker, i shove my books in my bags and swing my bag over my shoulder. i slam my locker door and am face to face with Leo. He grins as i jump in surprise.

 

"Leo!" i scould him, "Gesh, you scared me! Next time could you give a little warning? Like maybe a 'im hiding behind you're locker' warning?"

 

Leo chuckles, "Then i wouldn't get to see you squeal, and thats no fun."

 

I go to punch him in the arm, but he dodges at the last second and i hit empty air.

 

"Missed!" he teases, "So, you wanna walk back with me?"

 

Leo lives next door to me and has since we were six. We always make the short journey home from school together, but he still asks every day. It's kind of annoying, but a little cute as well, in a very annoying Leo kinda way.

 

"Why not?" i say,"I always love beating you through the forest!"

 

He pretends to look offended, "Do i really suck that bad?"

 

"Well . . ."

 

"Hey!" he exclaims.

 

I laugh, "Come on hothead. Lets get home before our parents start to worry."

 

Surprisingly, we get to the big, metal doors leading out of the school with little to no harassment. Ussually theres your every day wanna-be jock that teases and shoves us grade nine's as we travel down through the hall, but he didn't seem to be present today. Probably too many nose bleeds.

 

Leo and i exit the school and start down the winding dirt path through a small forest that leads right to our road. We walk in silence, examining the ground or nearby undergrowth. It was a comfortable silence though, not one of those first date awkward silences. Gesh, that would just be too weired.

 

Suddenly a howl splits the air. I freeze and glance at Leo. He froze too, his eyes wide and full of terror. The howl sounds again, but this time, it sounds closer.

 

"Leo," i say quietly, "Run. Now!"

 

He doesn't hesitate. Leo bolts back down the path and i run into the trees. The branches whip my face and scratch my legs,but i dont care. All i care about at that moment is getting as far away from that howl as possible.

 

Without warning, a heavy weight lands on my back and knocks me to the ground and i scream. Sharp fangs sink into my shoulder and everything goes back.

 

 



© 2013 Kaitie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on May 1, 2013
Last Updated on May 1, 2013


Author

Kaitie
Kaitie

Writing
Dragonheart Dragonheart

A Book by Kaitie