Leithian - The Hunt

Leithian - The Hunt

A Chapter by The Omniscient Narrator

During a time of war, Leithian Narok belonged to a unit of survivors that were sworn to defend one another. This makeshift group was created following the tragic disaster of their hometown. The unit was not large; it only consisted of 4 bodies; Leithian being the only Elf, but they were the only ones that survived the onslaught. Their home was hit by a curse that plagued anybody over the age of 15. This then crippled their defences, allowing a large number of orcs to take the town, leaving only despair in their wake. The makeshift group wouldn’t have escaped if they didn’t have their parent’s equipment. One half-elf was dawning armour that was too big for him, so every now and again, a gauntlet or a spaulder would come loose, the other half-elf dragged around a crossbow too heavy to carry. The Eldarin wore a cloak long enough to be used as a blanket for him and anyone of his choosing. Leithian was the only one that didn’t look absurd. He wore leather armour that he used to hunt in with his father, and carried a silver bow with a black quiver, filled with black arrows.

After the escape from their town, Leithian had to hunt for his fellow survivors. He liked to hunt alone, even as he was being trained by his father. He hid amongst the trees, hidden from any animal, jumping from tree to tree with such stealth no leaf was disturbed. He then spotted his prize. A lone deer, grazing in a nearby field. Leithian loaded his bow and aimed his shot. The arrow pierced the air with such ferocity it went through the deer’s skull without breaking. He had just caught dinner for the rest of his kin.

As Leithian was making his way back to the makeshift treehouse that they’ve built to stay hidden from any orc scouting parties, his lungs heaved. He could smell smoke. He dropped his prize and climbed a nearby tree. Leithian stopped. A singe tear dropped from his purple eye, and made its way down the scar on his eye. He saw his makeshift home in flames. As he leaped from tree to tree, he spotted 4 silhouettes. He thought they were his friends, so he leaped faster. But then he stopped. These shadows were far too robust to be his friends. They were orcs. A scouting party must’ve found his friends and burned them alive. Leithian’s heart filled with sorrow, then rage. He was so close to the orcs, he could smell their blood stained skin. As soon as he thought to run, two arrows were soaring in the air. Two shadows hit the ground. The remaining orcs saw this and with one quick swing, chopped own the tree that Leithian was in. He fell next to a charred body. It was the Eldarin. Rage fuelled him so that he could dodge the orcs killing blow, and he forced an arrow into his back. Only one silhouette was remaining. The silhouette turned around to reveal their face. It was the female half-elf. She must’ve told the orcs of their position so she can be spared by them, thought Leithian. She shot a metal arrow at Leithian before he could shoot at her. Pieces of wood splashed around him. She missed. She went to reload, but before she could draw back the elastic for the crossbow, Leithian took the arrow out of the tree and stabbed it through her gut. She fell onto the ground. Leithian stood there, glaring into her blue eyes, and then finished the job.

He picked up the metal bolts from her quiver and walked away, destined to walk alone. Or was he? 



© 2014 The Omniscient Narrator


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on June 9, 2014
Last Updated on June 9, 2014
Tags: D&D, Dungeons and Dragons, Fantasy


Author

The Omniscient Narrator
The Omniscient Narrator

London, United Kingdom



About
I'm a young person that enjoys writing, whether it be fiction or articles. more..

Writing