Xinskarr - The Clan

Xinskarr - The Clan

A Chapter by The Omniscient Narrator

Born into a small clan of Dragonborns, Xinskarr always dreamed about exploring the world. His curiosity led him to venturing outside of the safeties of his home. He always found monsters and hoped one day that he would be able to slay them with his bare hands. He learnt to fight from an early age, training with his father and getting his armour at the age of 15. This was a sign that he was ready to fight. Xinskarr and his father had ventured on a scouting run to see if there was any Orcs that was near their secret cluster of homes inside a mountain, and sure enough, there was. A small group of Orcs set up camp nearby. Xinskarr drew his axe and moved closer to the group. His father stopped him. Another group of orcs emerged from behind a collection of stones. The fighters stood firm, but waited for the opportune moment. And then they attacked. Xinskarr’s father leaped from behind the stones that hid them to land on an Orc, slicing its head open. Xinskarr followed his father’s lead. He leaped and span in the air, and decapitated an orc with such speed, the head gained momentum and dazed a nearby orc, allowing Xinskarr to land and slice the Orc’s gut open. Xinskarr was happy with his first two kills, so much that he let his guard down, something his father said not to do. He was then surrounded by Orc’s whilst his father was fighting. Xinskarr looked around frightened, and let out a roar. Gas spewed from his mouth. Xinskarr was confused about what happened, and his father watched as he snapped an Orc’s neck. The surrounding Orc’s were grasping for air, and Xinskarr took his chance. Slash after slash, dismemberment after dismemberment and soon, all Orc’s surrounding the Dragonborn went down. Xinskarr had never felt so tired, and he fainted.

Xinskarr woke up at his home, surrounded by candles, and he stood up faster than his head could handle; his vision blurred, and he dropped back into his bed. His father laughed and strolled to the bed. As Xinskarr was fighting the dizziness, his father told him about his heritage; how he can wipe out a group of enemies with just his breath. It was a Dragonborn ability named Dragonbreath. Xinskarr was fascinated by the new ability gained in the midst of a fight for his life, but knew it took a lot of energy to muster whilst fighting. He wanted to develop this skill, but he knew it would only have to be a last resort until the time is right. Xinskarr was not energised enough to carry out his routine of battle training, so his father told him to sleep for a while longer. Xinskarr thought and dreamt about the new ability, both fearing and enjoying the new power that dwelled within him.

Smoke cleared Xinskarr’s room. Xinskarr woke up instantly to the sound of battle cries and weapon clashes. It was too late in the evening for any skirmishes Xinskarr wondered. He stepped to a nearby window and peered out. Dwarves. There must be a whole army of them out there Xinskarr thought. He ran towards the armoury in his room and equipped his armour, and picked up his axe and shield. He was ready to fight. But the fighting stopped. Xinskarr went back to his window. The last of the Dragonborns were on their knees, including his parents, awaiting execution by the Dwarf General. Xinskarr waited. The Dwarf General decapitated a Dragonborn; the merchant of the town. Xinskarr waited. Wait for the opportune moment Xinskarr’s father’s voice played in his mind. The Dwarf General moved onto the next victim; his mother. A roar was emitted by a Dragonborn next to her; Xinskarr’s father. The dwarf stroked her face, looked at the father, and stabbed him in his neck. Xinskarr filled with instant rage. He leaped through the window, sending glass around the newly formed battle arena. Three dwarves were sent to kill Xinskarr, but he had other plans. He let out a poisonous roar, causing the dwarves to start to wheeze. Xinskarr fought off his dizziness and sliced a dwarf’s neck, sending blood across his armour and his face. He then leaped to another dwarf, cleaving him in twain as he landed. A piece of the dwarf landed into a puddle of blood and mud, sending it across his boots. The third one recovered, and charged at the Dragonborn. Xinskarr sliced the leg from under the dwarf, causing him to drop onto the bed of glass. Cries filled the air then it stopped. A dwarf head rolled to the Dwarf General. As he started to march into the battlefield, Xinskarr dropped to the ground from exhaustion. The Dwarf General picked up his head, looked upon him and called four Dwarves to hold him in place. He then marched back towards his mother. The Dwarf General called over another four dwarves to hold down Xinskarr’s mother. He licked his lips and smiled at Xinskarr. Xinskarr tried to break out of the Dwarf’s holds, whilst fighting his own dreariness. Xinskarr’s vision then went black and his body dropped onto the ground. He heard his mother’s pained screams, and he fought harder to get up, but to no avail. His mother’s screams suddenly came to a stop and he felt blood drip upon his head. He heard the Dwarf Leader say to “Sell this one to the gladiators; I want to see this one be eaten alive by spiders.” After the dwarf finished talking, Xinskarr passed out. 



© 2014 The Omniscient Narrator


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on June 9, 2014
Last Updated on June 9, 2014
Tags: D&D, Dungeons and Dragons, Fantasy


Author

The Omniscient Narrator
The Omniscient Narrator

London, United Kingdom



About
I'm a young person that enjoys writing, whether it be fiction or articles. more..

Writing