Leithian - The meet up

Leithian - The meet up

A Chapter by The Omniscient Narrator

As time passed, Leithian grew to enjoy the company of himself; no-one that relied upon him, no-one to tell him what to do, and especially, no-one to betray him. He still had a burning hatred for orcs, and trust issues, but time will heal those wounds. And hunting was a calm outlet that he grew to enjoy; he now hunted for a hobby rather than to feed himself. He enjoyed hunting smaller animals because they were harder to hit, but Leithian never missed. And as for his passed friends, he still had items of theirs that reminded him of them; a sword pendant from the Half-Elf, and the Eldarins enchanted boots that allowed him for faster movement. He also still had the metal bolts from the Half-Elf traitor, but they proved themselves useful in times where keeping one’s distance was not an option.

As he was collecting his trophies, he heard a battle cry. This was not a battle cry that he had ever heard. Leithians curious but careful nature guided his swift feet to an opening in a forest. His purple eyes did not believe what he saw. A lizard type humanoid that was carrying two swords fighting a group of dwarves. Leithian chuckled at the sight of a 6 foot lizard being fighting 4 foot tall dwarves. He wondered if the lizardborn had the reverse version of the Napoleon syndrome. He sat in his tree, eating berries, whilst the action played out in front of him. The lizard hybrid used a power that Leithian had never seen any being besides from dragons use; the power of Dragonbreath. This must be a legendary Dragonborn. His father told him stories about them. Creatures that were more violent than Orcs, but more honourable than a High-Elf. Leithian sat closer to the edge of the branch, intrigued by the Dragonborn. As soon as the dwarves were trying to recover, the Dragonborn advanced. He moved with such ferocity, that even Leithian’s keen eye lost him in the fray. Only heads remained of the dwarves. But the fight was not over. Shouts came from behind the trees, but of different pitches. This was not a good sign. The Dragonborn backed away from the trees. This was definitely not a good sign. Leithian stood and prepared to dart back into the woods, but then he recognised that battle cry. Orcs.

He turned around, loaded a metal bolt into his bow, and waited. And then the fight began. The Dragonborn was in the middle of 4 Orcs trying to cause damage to no avail whilst the others was slowly closing in. Then Leithian made his move. 4 metal bolts shot through the air, striking all four Orcs in the head. The Dragonborn was confused. Then Leithian leaped out of the tree and joined him by his side. They exchanged a quick look, and focused on the incoming threat. Five dwarves accompanied by four Orcs came out of the bushes running at them. The Dragonborn nodded at Leithian. Leithian loaded his bow and smiled. Then it began.

The Dragonborn initiated with his Dragonbreath, and once the enemy was confused, Leithian sent arrows through the fog, hitting and killing two of the Orcs and two Dwarves. Then the Dragonborn went to work. He span into the enemy, decapitating three Dwarves on the way to the middle of them. He then punched an Orc, knocking it down and breaking a tooth. He then picked up the tooth, and cut the Orcs neck with it. The final Orc kicked the Dragonborn into a tree, causing him to drop his weapons, and roared. He approached the defenceless Dragonborn, who just stared the Orc in the eye whilst he stood up to face his death. But it wasn’t the Dragonborn time to die. An arrowhead appeared where the Orc would have its eye, and it dropped, revealing Leithian standing behind it with his bow on his back.

The Dragonborn and Leithian shook hands. Leithian asked for the Dragonborns name. The Dragonborn stood on the dead Orc and shouted “I am Xinskarr the Untameable! And what is your name, Archer?!” Leithian laughed, looked up and said “Just Leithian”. They created a campfire in the clearing and exchanged stories. Leithian found out that Xinskarr was a Gladiator, which would explain the “untameable” part of his name, and Xinskarr found out about Leithian’s dark past. They took solace in knowing each other’s origin, and they then became allies. Xinskarr then asked Leithian to join him in a “Quest for booty, plunder, and adventure!” Leithian laughed, and accepted his offer. 



© 2014 The Omniscient Narrator


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on June 9, 2014
Last Updated on June 9, 2014
Tags: D&D, Dungeons and Dragons, Fantasy


Author

The Omniscient Narrator
The Omniscient Narrator

London, United Kingdom



About
I'm a young person that enjoys writing, whether it be fiction or articles. more..

Writing