9- Bizarre Encounter

9- Bizarre Encounter

A Chapter by Gaurav Walia

9.

 

Vaughn back in his cabin at the Fairfax police station was taking a time out as he watched the news about the upcoming storm. It was a month of November and it was likely for Clifton to experience a snow storm by this time of the year.

Allison delicately knocked on his door before entering the room.

“Detective, I spoke to Mr. Browman who is the owner of the storage facility. He said there was this explosion a year ago due to some fire that occurred; turned the walls of warehouse into ashes. He also said that the mob might be responsible for it. The case was directly taken over by the FBI as a body of some guy from the direct mob was found. Nothing really useful to us.”

“By any chance do we know who the guy was?” Detective Vaughn asked.

“I am afraid we don’t, sir”

‘So basically, we still know nothing…huh?”  Vaughn sighed in return of which Officer Allison nodded.

‘Similar to the other corpse, there was another body of a dead woman they uncovered at the scene’. 

“And what about this diary” Allison acquired, pointing at the diary they had gotten from the house.

“Do you think that the diary was worth killing someone?”

“I can’t say that for sure. We probably have to read the diary to have an assurance about that, it might not be of any importance to our case” Allison said.

“Well, I’ll do the honors then” Vaughn threw a half glance to the diary on the desk.

“Alright, Allison. Thanks. I will let you know whenever I need you”

“Sure” Allison left the cabin…

Detective Vaughn turned the television off and picked up the diary from the corner of the desk. He looked at the cover, wondering if this diary had something to do with everything that had been going on and if he’d be able to provide any answers for this never-ending, inscrutable happenings or if  would just prove to be futile as everything else had been so far.

As this state of perplexity continued, he held the diary in his hand, leaning backwards on his chair. He then opened it to the very first page. It read: “My Life in and out of the mob”

“Why would someone make the mistake to write such words on the first page on a diary?” he thought out loud. Then again it’s a diary, and diaries aren’t meant to be read by strangers, he shrugged.  He then after began turning pages one by one reading everything with an affixed concentration.

Ross was still trying to figure a plan out, laid on the couch, when he heard a loud thump upstairs. He thought it to be Amila and her men but then he wondered what could be her motives since he had just been with them.

He slowly and cautiously walked to the hallway then to the kitchen where he withdrew a sharp knife from the drawers. He reached back to the stairwell and made his way upstairs keeping his every move as silent as he could.

As he reached the last stair, the sound was blunting but stopped after a little while leaving whole house in its usual silence where his breath was the only sound that could be heard. Luckily he had already figured out the room from where the sound was coming. It was the last room down the hall.

Ross slowly began walking towards the end of the corridor. His steps were leading him into the darkness as this part of the hallway had no light.

It was frightening but he got a hold of himself and reached for the door. His heart was pounding with fear and distress. Taking a deep breath he turned the knob and slightly opened the door. It was his house but he had never seen this room in such a condition. The room was completely vacuous and surprisingly, the room did not have a single window from where the light could enter. There was just one bulb that lightened the room unexpectedly, not to every corner. Despite it, he walked in with an untamed curiosity. As soon as he took a step further, he heard the door shut behind him, which scared the hell out of him, making him turn around abruptly.

The light bulb helped him to see the things only in the middle of the room as the light from that single bulb was not enough for him to see the things over the corners or anywhere else.

What he saw was crazy enough. It was horrifying to see that the door he entered through was no more at its place; as if it had just disappeared. There was no way he could believe that. Things were getting scarier by the minute and he had not one moment to waste if he wanted to get his family back. He took a gulp as the level scariness kept on rising with the intuition that indicated about something bad was going to happen…

He was touching the surface of the wall from where he believed he had entered when a weeping sound came from one corner of the room. It was a guy’s sound. He wasn’t able to see the guy but somehow his presence could be felt.

Ross turned towards the corner from where the sound was coming and started walking slowly to that corner. The room without much light and the sound of weeping was pretty daunting to him.

 

Ross had no idea what was happening. Perhaps he was imagining it all. He kept walking straight to the corner where the sound was coming from.

The sound of weeping persisted. He got close enough to a grown man sitting with his knees bent; his head covered by his arms, and he stared at the floor. Strangely enough, from the little he could see of the man’s features due to the dark, they looked a lot alike.

He noticed that the man was sitting with his knees bent as he had his head placed between the knees while he was having a support to his head on his arms by which he was covering his face downward therefore Ross was not able to his face. The embodiment of that man resembled to Ross a lot and moreover he was wearing similar type of shirt like his.  

“Who are you?” Ross asked.

The sobbing stopped.

The sound coming from the man was this of a teenager but his physique told an entire different story. The man had no shoes on and his bare, bruised feet were what caught Ross’s full attention.

He slowly knelt and tried to out and touch the man’s shoulder, even though he was very scared but somehow he gathered up the courage.

As soon as his hand touched the man’s shoulder, he turned to Ross, whose hand jerked away. It was horrid and a quite disturbing moment for him that shook him up on his spot.

“S**T” He shouted as the fear began to take a toll on him…

“S**T” He shouted.

The face Ross saw was none other than his own. It was his face, his eyes, nose and mouth, and tears. What sort of a joke was this? Ross didn’t have a twin. The only difference was the tears on that man’s face otherwise there was nothing different about them.

It was too much to endure in one day. Suddenly his vision went soft and eventually blacked out that threw him in an unconscious state with his eyes closing slowly with the effect of trauma to his mind as the gaze set to that man’s face began to get blurry that ultimately led him to close his eyes completely leaving him in a sense of anxiousness and fear.



© 2013 Gaurav Walia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The face Ross saw was none other than his own. It was his face, his eyes, nose and mouth, and tears. What sort of a joke was this? Ross didn’t have a twin. The only difference was the tears on that man’s face otherwise there was nothing different about them.

It was too much to endure in one day. Suddenly his vision went soft and eventually blacked out that threw him in an unconscious state with his eyes closing slowly with the effect of trauma to his mind as the gaze set to that man’s face began to get blurry that ultimately led him to close his eyes completely leaving him in a sense of anxiousness and fear.

o great going.. is this a dream.... or ....

best wishes

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Gaurav Walia

10 Years Ago

Well It was a dream but has a relevance to his past...
Prritiy

10 Years Ago

yeah i got to know as i read further :)



Reviews

The face Ross saw was none other than his own. It was his face, his eyes, nose and mouth, and tears. What sort of a joke was this? Ross didn’t have a twin. The only difference was the tears on that man’s face otherwise there was nothing different about them.

It was too much to endure in one day. Suddenly his vision went soft and eventually blacked out that threw him in an unconscious state with his eyes closing slowly with the effect of trauma to his mind as the gaze set to that man’s face began to get blurry that ultimately led him to close his eyes completely leaving him in a sense of anxiousness and fear.

o great going.. is this a dream.... or ....

best wishes

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Gaurav Walia

10 Years Ago

Well It was a dream but has a relevance to his past...
Prritiy

10 Years Ago

yeah i got to know as i read further :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
1 Review
Added on October 7, 2013
Last Updated on October 7, 2013
Tags: a forgotten sin, forgotten sin, gaurav's fiction, forgotten sin chapter 9


Author

Gaurav Walia
Gaurav Walia

Delhi, India



About
I might be just another guy putting his thoughts on a page but not mincing my words, I only tell the unvarnished truth, gulping down the fear, I dive into the expanse of love, hatred, fantasy, blood, .. more..

Writing
LIFE LIFE

A Poem by Gaurav Walia


PSYCHO PSYCHO

A Poem by Gaurav Walia