12- The Show Begins

12- The Show Begins

A Chapter by Gaurav Walia

12.

 

Ross was waiting to confront Amila Rehman who had held his family in captivity for a week now. It had been more than two hours but there was no sign of Amila.

Time was flowing like sand from his bare hands and there was nothing he could do. He had no idea of Amila’s whereabouts. He was desperately waiting for her to contact him as it was getting hard for him to bear this excruciating pain.

There was no way he could have made a choice between Eliza and Hamid, as for him both were equally precious. He was, without a second thought, ready to sacrifice his own life but wanted to make sure that after him his family would have a secure and peaceful, with none of Amila’s troubles.

The time of dusk and along came worsening of the weather. The storm was expected any minute now. Broadcasts on the televisions and radios advised everyone to stay indoors. The storm was going to be heavy this time.

Ross was feeling uneasy. He fetched himself a bottle of a scotch from the bar, over the corner of the hall. Nervously, he poured the scotch into the glass filling it to the top when few drops rolled down over the floor as he picked up the glass, and drank it all at once. He then picked up the bottle. Perhaps, if he was lucky, he could drink his pain away.

Unleashed pain was burning him inside and driving him insane every moment of this time lag. Amila was not showing up which mortified Ross. While he knew that this was what she wanted, he couldn’t help the feeling.

Ross felt responsible for the mess he had gotten his family in. He was really worried about Hamid since he hadn’t seen him at all.  He couldn’t bear the idea of anything happening to him. He was endlessly trying to push these thoughts out of his head and the scotch seemed to be helping. Every nerve in his body was feeling his guilt about not being able to save his family on the first shot he got. Ross placed his hands on the counter and smashed it twice in annoyance as a few tears ran down his face and onto the counter. His head dropped as he roughly stroked his hair.

He wiped off his eyes with the back of his hand and furiously clenched his jaws. He swore to carry an unmistakable burden and burn in hell if he only let Amila get away with such an act of unconsciousness. He, however, knew that Amila was crazy enough to savage him.

The storm was coming and that time of the day was also bringing the ultimate conclusion for the mystery Vaughn was trying to solve. The moon was draping itself into the clouds as the roaring thunder began. Allison was the one driving the car. She had to put her whole focus onto the foggy road. It was already unusually dark.

There were no visible vehicles around. Their headlights pierced straight ahead, giving them the feel of being in a scene of “Twilight”.

The time was running out. They knew that they should make it to Beaver Creek road fast, where in the meantime, Ross was in a do-or-die fight with his fate. Vaughn had to make sure that they caught Ross alive, so they got all the answers they needed and possibly some information on how to take down the mob.  Captain Bill Shepperd had trust in him and he didn’t want to let the man down.

He, at the same time was also having a keen interest to find the truth with the impatient expectancy he had about the anticipation he had been doing along with Vaughn.

Struggling to drive the car in that heavy fog, Allison also had the same avidity to confront Ross and find the verity of this never ending case. She was new in the department but was chosen for her enthusiasm for this kind of work. She was an impertinent young girl with hopes of making it to a higher respectable post in the police department.  She was just as dedicated as Vaughn and the Captain. She was trying her best to make it to Denver’s house in time. Her curiosity was already aroused by Vaughn and Captain by telling her about the predictions they made so far.

 

Ross was still standing with his weak knees over the counter of the bar in the hall.  The cool breeze and the harsh snow was shuddering the glass windows around the room. He was barely able to stand anymore when the front bell rang. He’d been waiting for what seemed like forever, but now he didn’t know what to do. He emptied his glass in the small counter sink and ran his nervous fingers through his hair.

His legs were shaking and his breath smelled of booze and grapes. There was no way he could confront Amila and this state of mind. He might just have put his family’s life in jeopardy; more than he previously thought. He knew Amila could hurt him until he died from the pain; her viciousness made her to be an affrighter, who knew how to make someone entreat for mercy; she could make him watch as she made his beloved suffer. Ross knew it all too well; he had worked with her for years.

The bell kept on ringing. Ross finally gathered the strength and spirit to walk, so he hurried towards the door. He reached the door in no time and he opened the door within a heartbeat. It was impossible for him to make a choice between his Eliza and Hamid.

Amila stood there with two heavy-bodied men on either sides of her. Before he told her to walk, she took a step forward and began talking:

“Hey Kiddo!” she said with a wicked smile

“I hope you were expecting me. Can I come in now or do I have to stay out here in the snow?” she barged right in, while one of her bodyguards stood by the door and the other huge guy accompanied her inside the house. She walked right into the hall and into the living room, settling on the couch in no time as the guard threw a glance all over for any possible danger.

There was nothing Ross could initiate before seeing his wife and son. He waited for her to finish as the anger was still boiling up inside him. It was fortunate for him that the guards did not check him for weapons since he was up to something that only he knew about. He just stood by the couch where Amila sat, crossing his arms on his chest and trying to gain some type of composure.

“Please have a seat. Make yourself comfortable” Amila said with a mocking tone, as she patted the couch.

“Where are they?” Ross asked, still trying to keep himself from doing anything he might regret.

“Have you missed them? Oh! What a stupid question, of course you did” she sighed with a sarcastic puppy-face after which she signaled the guard outside to bring his family in.

Within a minute the guard walked in the hall, holding a struggling Hamid. His mouth was duct-taped and he was screaming and kicking. Eliza whom arm he awkwardly held was also restrained but she was not resisting at all. It was like she had already given up.            

Ross was now driven much deeper in torment after witnessing the ill-fated position his wife and son were in. He saw every tear Eliza dropped but he was helpless. He just wished to hold them both so tight in his arms to never let them go.

Just when he abruptly began walking towards the spot where the guard held his family, immediately was interrupted by Amila:

“Not so fast sweetie. Stay where you are and give it some time. Don’t worry it won’t be long”

Ross suddenly stopped and gazed over at Eliza and Hamid then at Amila who was now standing.

 “Let’s begin the show”


© 2013 Gaurav Walia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Just when he abruptly began walking towards the spot where the guard held his family, immediately was interrupted by Amila:

“Not so fast sweetie. Stay where you are and give it some time. Don’t worry it won’t be long”

Ross suddenly stopped and gazed over at Eliza and Hamid then at Amila who was now standing.
“Let’s begin the show”

---------

The climax approaching.... the show has begun....

interesting

best wishes

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Just when he abruptly began walking towards the spot where the guard held his family, immediately was interrupted by Amila:

“Not so fast sweetie. Stay where you are and give it some time. Don’t worry it won’t be long”

Ross suddenly stopped and gazed over at Eliza and Hamid then at Amila who was now standing.
“Let’s begin the show”

---------

The climax approaching.... the show has begun....

interesting

best wishes

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Added on October 12, 2013
Last Updated on October 12, 2013
Tags: a forgotten sin, forgotten sin, gaurav's fiction, forgotten sin chapter 12


Author

Gaurav Walia
Gaurav Walia

Delhi, India



About
I might be just another guy putting his thoughts on a page but not mincing my words, I only tell the unvarnished truth, gulping down the fear, I dive into the expanse of love, hatred, fantasy, blood, .. more..

Writing
LIFE LIFE

A Poem by Gaurav Walia


PSYCHO PSYCHO

A Poem by Gaurav Walia