Band Story

Band Story

A Story by Mari' Emeraude
"

How many bands can you find hidden in my story? Bands range from 60's genre to present.

"


I was at an all time low because I was out of a job. I'd walked out from my old employment because I had just had it with my boss Katey J. (Boy, I hate Kate!) I just couldn't work in that disgusting 'cradle of filth' another minute!  After all those years bustin' my hump with my blood , sweat and tears, I couldn't get a decent raise. I was lucky to get a nickel back after paying my bills. I think I had one 50 cent piece to my name. Still, I was bummed. I could just see as I strolled down the street, all the men at work just three doors down, hanging banners out for the big May day parade. Suddenly, this guy walked outside, looking quite disturbed. It seems there was a big panic at the disco the other night because a bunch of animals had escaped from a wildlife sanctuary. He was looking for some people to help lure,catch and cage the elephant especially. That was the biggest animal in the park. An elephant named Alice Cooper!! funny huh?  Just when I was ready to hang it all up, I decided to rise against the old problems that hung over me and be there for tomorrow. Next day, I scarfed down my lunch of korn, bread, black eyed peas and cake for dessert, and finished it off with a swig of Everclear. I told the guy I'd be willing to work, but first I'd begin fixing the hole that the animals had escaped from. I don't think I had a tool left in my bag, so I took a rope and made a slipknot, then slung it over some nine inch nails, pulling in a board until it sealed the doors. Hell yeah! I think I'm gettin' the knack of this now. I didn't think we'd ever find Alice, but never shout never, because low and behold a few people found her in some styx, standing in a big puddle of mudd. ...wow what a rush it was, seein' that animal up close! Well, we were able to put Alice in chains until we could land sum 41 people to help erect a solid structure. Finally, we were done. Alice could now rejoin her offspring in her new confinement. and all I can say about it, was it turned out to be a real day to remember.

© 2020 Mari' Emeraude


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
1 Review
Added on December 31, 2020
Last Updated on December 31, 2020
Tags: music, humor

Author

Mari' Emeraude
Mari' Emeraude

Denver, CO



About
I am a writer, journalist, and poet from Denver, Co who remarks on my fulfilling life in rich, poetic (and sometimes humorous) ways. more..

Writing