Tell a houseplant why it needs to live:

Tell a houseplant why it needs to live:

A Story by Heyns
"

I've been using a book by the San Francisco Writers Grotto to spur my writing. This is one of the many exercises

"
I know. I know it’s been rough around here lately. You’ve been alone, you’ve been parched and that would get to anyone. You’re looking down and you think that life is not worth living, but you’re wrong. Can’t you feel the sun? Isn’t it warming you? Doesn’t it feel nourishing? I know you wanted to be out there, in the wild, sowing your seeds, but you settled down. You feel like that was arranged without you knowing? That’s rough for you, but how do you think that makes me feel? Look I went on vacation and came back. I didn’t cheat on you! Ok, that was not the right thing to say. Ok, I know she can’t replace me, next time I’ll make sure it’s better. Please let there be a next time. I’ve provided for you! Did I coddle you? Maybe, I should’ve let you rough it more. I should’ve at least let you open the window to life and let the wind pass over you! Please don’t leave me! No, that wasn’t a low blow about your wilted leaves! I said I was sorry. Why can’t you accept that I have to go sometime, but that doesn’t mean I don’t care about you. I’ve tried so hard to care for you. Come back from the brink! Stand up straight and let the world know you’re a fighter!

© 2012 Heyns


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this!! Drew me right in! Funny, well written. I just bought the same book. :-)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 27, 2012
Last Updated on August 27, 2012
Tags: Drama, love, tragedy, humor, silly, monologue, death, near death experience, life, life and death

Author

Heyns
Heyns

Portland, OR



About
Trying to figure out if writing is just a hobby or a love that can take care of me and my little family (wife, cat and me). Otherwise I crunch numbers, lame. Any constructive criticism would be gre.. more..

Writing