Thoughts on a blue object

Thoughts on a blue object

A Story by Heyns
"

I've been using a book by the San Francisco Writers Grotto to spur my writing. This is one of the many exercises

"

She couldn’t believe this day had finally come. She had dreamed about this day for her entire life. When she was a little girl she pictured this day, just the way it was. She didn’t realize how lucky she was. Her parents had given her everything, and the man how had asked her was giving her the world. There was a little flutter in her stomach and she realized what she was about to do. Could she? Her whole life was about to change, her entire life. Her day to day would change, her bed would change, the four walls she called home were changing and she was about to say yes. After that she could not go back. How could she? She said yes! What was she doing? She wasn’t good enough for him. He would realize it and let her go, no she couldn’t do that. He was too good, he wouldn’t let her go even it was killing him. How could she make him go through this?! How could she go through with it? She had to give up her independence, she would no longer be able to rest on her own laurels, she would always be his. Everyone would know, she would advertise it from the car she drove to the rock on her finger. There was no way she could hide it. Then she remembered how he had given it to her. He had talked to her best friend, and took her to the park where as kids they would swap stories about their fantasy weddings. He sat her in a swing and asked her to describe her perfect wedding. She told him everything from the flowers to the caterer, she told him about what her family would do �" the speeches, the kids, the grandmothers, the strange gifts. After an hour and a half, he stopped her and walked in front of her. He knelt down and asked her, “Could I be the guy at the end of the aisle waiting for you in the  evening tux with tails?” It brought tears to eyes.

“Oh no darling!” her maid of honor rushed in to save the day with a tissue. “We can’t have you spoiling your make up before it even starts!” They giggled.

“Can you believe it?” she asked and slipped on her blue heels.

© 2012 Heyns


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
Added on October 9, 2012
Last Updated on October 9, 2012
Tags: in 642 Things To Write About, blue heels, cold feet, drama, fantasy weddings, home, life, love, memories, monologue, proposal, something blue, thoughts, transcendence, wedding, youth

Author

Heyns
Heyns

Portland, OR



About
Trying to figure out if writing is just a hobby or a love that can take care of me and my little family (wife, cat and me). Otherwise I crunch numbers, lame. Any constructive criticism would be gre.. more..

Writing
Work Day Work Day

A Poem by Heyns