Blue

Blue

A Poem by Grace Coggins

Blue was my favorite color. It was the color of the sky, the ocean, the infinite. But most of all, it was the color of your eyes. I could always get lost in that color, your eyes that is.

But somehow, you’ve stolen the beauty from the color blue. I see blue and I remember just how many times the lies went over my head because I was too busy being captivated by their beauty. I see blue, and my heart breaks all over again, and the pain once again turns to hate.

Red though.

Red was the color on my hands when my heart shattered into a million pieces just like the glass on my bedroom floor. Red was my favorite shade of lipstick that I finally could wear again, without the worry of ruining it while I kissed you. Red was the color of my burning desire to be free of this weight in my chest.

I look at blue, and I feel trapped and imprisoned by my own emotions. I see red, and I’m happy and calm again.

I guess the world works in strange ways like that.

© 2017 Grace Coggins


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Loved the symbolism of colours. Overall, very honest piece, one really starts to resemble the things around when something of the person we love matches. Beautifully written.

Posted 6 Years Ago


I like the contrast you made with the colors. We assume blue to be so peaceful and calm and red usually represents fire and energy. Very beautiful in its simplicity. THank you

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 14, 2017
Last Updated on November 14, 2017

Author

Grace Coggins
Grace Coggins

WA



About
I'm just testing the waters to see what I like to write and what I want to say; I'm just trying to find my style and voice however I can more..

Writing