Feelings noted*

Feelings noted*

A Story by Geoffrey Savage

Discretion was key, I opened the door and didn't close it. Waiting for you to follow, instead you peaked out and waved your hand goodbye. I told you something, with no time to reply. This was my mistake. Leaving myself to drown in ones' thoughts is obviously the route I chose to take. I nudged you to go out for drinks on a Sunday night, but you wouldn't partake 'cause of the crazy night before. Where was I, working nights.

 

This is when I came to realize- it wouldn't work. Unsatisfied already with my job, it would make me scarce. Though it has already, and it shows. You can see right through me, as if I am as translucent as a glass of water standing tall; closest to you on the coffee table. Recently you took a glance, and asked if I was alright. I shrugged and said "sure". I looked back and could tell you knew more than what I was actually showing. Why is this? I have not a clue. Though it maybe the reason or one thereof, as to why I feel the way I do. 

 

Pretty soon I am going to have to take the hint that you may not want anything from me. This I will come to terms with, and carry on. If on the other hand there is something you want to say- the sooner now, the better. As patient as I have been, and will continue to be; none the less I can't carry these feelings around forever. I'd rather hear what you have to say, before I start burying the feelings I have for you. Than to bury them now, and not feel the same when you do confront me.

© 2012 Geoffrey Savage


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on April 19, 2012
Last Updated on May 26, 2012

Author

Geoffrey Savage
Geoffrey Savage

VT



About
You are now inside of my head. What does it feel like to see the world through my eyes? A year later, and I have returned to revise and finish my earlier peices. Along with adding some new/old mate.. more..

Writing