Introductions

Introductions

A Chapter by TheGreatandPowerfulGracieGrace
"

This is the Introducton. Or Prelude if you prefer. If you're smart, you'll read it.

"
Jack Silver has a problem. He has to save the world. A vampire in the world of 2013. But, he's 2174 years old, and has seen it all. Don't worry, I'll explain in the introduction.
Back to saving the world. The answer is in the small town of Dubuque, Iowa.
And the answer is 15 year old, sophomore, Michelle Sky.
The only problem, is well, Michelle lives in the year 1956. She went missing in December of that year. Presumed dead. Jack, and his younger sister, America(aged 1547), need to go back in time, get Michelle around the time when she went missing(to avoid time paradoxes), bring her to modern day time, then save the world.

Sounds simple. Right?
Hello.

My name is Grace.
This is my job. Telling the story of the hero Jack Silver. Every great hero is assigned a Story Teller, at the hero's birth. The people that assign these things are very smart and can see into the future. J.K. Rowling was Harry Potter's Story Teller. J.R.R. Tolkien was the Story Teller of both Frodo and Bilbo Baggins. Rick Riordan is the Story Teller of Percy Jackson. He does such a great job, they gave him Jason Grace, Piper McLean, Leo Valdez, Annabeth Chase, Frank Zhang, Nico di Angelo, and Hazel Levesque also. Stephanie Meyer made it up.
Story Tellers live as long as they need to.
Which means that I am over 2,200 years old
But I look not a day older than 14.
I have basic magical powers. No more than the average elf.
I must explain some critical things first.
There are multiple worlds. Multiple Earths, all exist as one. It's very complicated. Narnia, the Ministry of Magic, Middle Earth, Olympus. They all exist. They physically exist. Vulcan is a real planet, light years away. Zaphod Beeblebrox and Arthur Dent are real. Artemis Fowl and Holly Short too.
But only Story Tellers know of them really. It's our job- we are paid- to write out our Hero's story, and publish it.
The different worlds they all exist as one as I said earlier, but also as separate worlds. Harry Potter will never meet Artemis Fowl. Arthur Dent will never hear of Edmund Pevensie. Nico di Angelo will never shake Frodo Baggin's hand.  Unless of course they read the book. You, an insignificant mortal, can actually meet them. If you're looking in the right places.

Now, I will explain vampires. There are two kinds of vampires. The Born and the Made.
I'll start at the beginning.
When Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Eden, they weren't the only ones.(don't worry, this is the only bible reference in this whole book)
They were the only humans, but not the only humanoids.
There were Spirits, Vampires, Warlocks, Fae, Elves, Shifters, Quigles, Shoys, Nymphs, Were Wolves, all of them. There were the eldest two of each, the male and the female, and their 100 children. They had a 100 children to ensure that they wouldn't go extinct. Oh I suppose I should explain Quigles and Shoys, as they are never heard of. Later. One thing at a time.

Born Vampires.
Simple as that. they were born, into a family, a vampire.
They're normal. They aren't necessarily pale, or have red eyes. They need to drink blood, but they are humane and only kill when they need to, and they do their best to only kill animals. When they do occasionally kill a human, they don't drink their blood. Human blood is toxic to born vampires. They simply scream for help, posing as a human, and take the corpse to a hospital, covering up their dreadful mistake with magic, making the wounds hours, to days old. Yes, this is despicable, but it has only ever happened twice.
These vampires can go up to almost a century without blood before dying. But after about 70 years, they start to get noticeably pale and sick. So most vampires keep on them a vial of bear blood disguised as water with a solvent that can keep the blood from perishing for as long as 250 years.
Born Vampires age about a year every 100 years. So Jack, who is 2174, looks 21, almost 22. His sister, America, is 1547, looks 15. Isabel, the youngest Silver child, is 1408, and looks 14.

Made Vampires
The first made vampire was created when a Human and a Born Vampire got together and had a child. Their child was a monster. Made Vampires fit every single vampire stereo type out there. Pale, blood red eyes, they turn into bats, they kill humans and drink their blood, they dissolve in the sun, etc, etc. Only, they don't sleep in coffins. They don't sleep. They're dead.

Quickly, right now, I'm going to tell you a secret. Almost nobody reads the introduction. The next 'Chapter' isn't a chapter. It's a trick for all those stupid people that didn't read the introduction. Congrats to you for reading the intro! Even if you skipped it and came back, you read it! And now you won't be confused! But the introduction isn't done quite yet...

Shoys.
Shoys are time travelers. they're immortal. They age at the same rate as Vampire- one year a century. They can rewind time, fast forward* time, Go back in time, go forward in time*, pause, etc. Time is hard to explain. It can't be changed dramatically. You can't stop someone from being born. You can't stop someone from dying. You can't kill someone before they do in the time line. And time isn't a line, really. It twists and turns, swings around. Repeats itself. Oh how it repeats itself.
Anyway. The only direct way to change time, is to take someone out of time, right before they die, and take them to the present.
The Future and Present are not defined. The Past is. You can't change anything that happened. You can change what willhappen, if you're in the Present. Right now, the Present is April 27th, 2013. 1:30 PM, Pacific Time. By the time anyone reads this, Now will be the past. Does this make any sense? It's okay if you don't understand. I barely understand myself. Only Shoys understand completely, and it's nearly impossible to explain.
But besides being able to travel through time and being immortal, and being able to heal themselves, Shoys are just like Humans.
*They can only go forward if they had already gone back in time or had rewinded time

From here on forth, when I say Vampire, I mean a Born Vampire. Made Vampires will be referred to as so.

A note about the Silver family.
John Silver, is a Shoy. Veronica Vanessa Silver is a Vampire.
Which means that Jack, America, and Isabel Silver, John and Veronica's children are all half vampire and half shoy.
It's happened before, but not exactly like this.
Jack, seems to be almost completely Vampire. He has every single quality of a vampire, and several of the powers of a Shoy added on.
America is half and half perfectly. She has all the powers of Vampires and Shoys. There are a few others like her.
Isabel, is the exact opposite of Jack. Almost completely Shoy, with several Vampire powers.
All the children need blood, like vampires

Well. Shall we get on then?


© 2013 TheGreatandPowerfulGracieGrace


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Added on June 6, 2013
Last Updated on June 6, 2013
Tags: introduction, the, paths, book, one, it's, path, you, take