Leaving on a jetplane

Leaving on a jetplane

A Story by Gee Bee
"

Have you ever had the yearning to leave that you couldn't sleep at night?

"
I need to leave.
Leaving something comes so naturally to me that it's not even funny. Back in university, if I started to feel sick or even have pangs of depression come over me, I don't hesitate to take the jeep and leave. If I don't feel like staying somewhere, I leave. If I wanted to go get something or do something, I leave. What makes it not funny is my ability to unhesitatingly leave. I don't care if I leave people and memories behind - because I will do so.
Everyone leaves. But this need to leave is slowly consuming me as every day I don't get a phone call, a text, an email, or a message from a human being; and being holed up in one place. 
I need to leave.
But where do I go? I can't say for sure. Last December, I had my fortune told by a old lady in one of the shadiest areas in my city. I paid her 100 bucks for 20 minutes or so of my so-called fortune. She told me I'd make it to whatever it was I was going to do, but staying here was only my stepping stone: I'd make my success abroad. 
The need to see places, experience new things, and interact with different people consumes me. Istanbul, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shenzhen, and Macau - these places took me out of my comfort zone and made me yearn to leave.
I yearn to see more. I need to leave.
I don't know what kind of future will be in store if I leave - but that's what's beautiful about uncertainty. It's idealistic of me to not care about stability, but if I have to ditch that to leave, then I am ready to leave it all behind.

© 2014 Gee Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on July 18, 2014
Last Updated on July 18, 2014

Author

Gee Bee
Gee Bee

Manila, Philippines



About
Lurking around, trying to find bits and pieces of me in the most common of places more..

Writing
05-112015JP 05-112015JP

A Story by Gee Bee


04-04052015TW 04-04052015TW

A Story by Gee Bee