The Salad Bar

The Salad Bar

A Chapter by Amanda Dawn Sanderson-Greer
"

Not all diets have to consist of rabbit food, do they?

"
"I didn't take you for the salad eating type."  So, he's returned has he?  Wait, did he just put his tray down at your table and pull out a chair... and holy... wow... he sat down with you.  Actually, across from you and that means he isn't afraid to look you in the face.  I'm blow away.  


-- photo --


Now pick me up you fool, I must have the VIP pass to Trevor's line of vision to make sure I get every detail of my beliefs on the thought process he's processing as he speaks to you.  I must focus on every inch of body language and then we will know if this fella is possibly interested in the most uninteresting (my apologies) girl in the whole, entire school.  Should I apologize twice because if Natalie weren't so psychotic and didn't have hair as shiny as a new pearl, she might be in your shoes for the running of the most ugly of all uglies. 


-- photo -- 


Back to the troll drawings, are we? 

"So, got any more interesting drawings I could take a peak at?"  Oh maybe you can show him the one of him... and not that one where he's... doing that strange thing with you were he's dressed as a llama, that one scarred me for life.  I mean the one were you made the Cyclops rip his head off.  He may find it hilarious.  Huh?  Oh yeah, you're right.  He may want to know what he did to piss you off.  You could always just tell him the truth.  That he didn't defend you when Candice was using her mouth for evil doing verses sucking... oh yeah, it's really hard to keep things PG-13 Bess when people like Candice exist in this world.  

-- photo --

Just say something already!  And don't drool or slobber on yourself, just speak. 

I don't like to share my work with others, it's private.   I guess that's better than keeping your trap shut and Bess, if I must admit (and for my points on kindness for the day) you're voice is like a melody.  

"Maybe one of these days you can trust me enough to take another picture, you've got a very special talent."  He definitely smiled at you that time Bess, not just that skitzoid smirk he gave you yesterday.  Whether he's interested in your art or the person that creates it, it's nice to know that someone other than myself can have enough guts to speak to you.  And no, Candice doesn't count you idiot!  She doesn't speak TO you, she speaks of you.  It's different because her words are full of anger and it's more than likely because you know who she really is, before the tramp.  You know all her secrets and she just fears you. 

-- photo -- 

Yes, Bess.  Technically you hold all the power but if anyone is going to be evil, it'll be me.  No need to ruin your reputation, that is if you have one.  

I don't think that's possible. You don't want to get to know me and you sure won't keep a good rep up sitting at my table.  I think your cool points just went down. 

Now he's laughing out loud, why did you go and ramble Bess?  Now he's going to ask you to go sit with Natalie and you'll have to adopt Lulu Bear because Elizabeth Ducky sort of freaks me out.  I think Natalie eats the stuffing for good luck before pop math quizzes to calm her nerves.  I can hear her whispering now... "They won't find us here, Ducky.  Don't you worry your little beak off.  We're safe here, no one knows.  No one."  I think her mom popped too much acid while she was pregnant because that girl is stuff in one messed up trip, that's for sure. 

"Bess, if you haven't noticed this about me then you should really pay more attention to the world and a little less in your notebook..."

Don't listen to him completely, you need me.  I keep you trucking and always have. This d****e better say something sweet or we're going to ask him to leave the table. 

"I don't have any cool points.  I'm not very attracted, I have zero talents and my parents could care less about me.  Not to mention, the only friend I have moved last semester to Nebraska so I'm stuck here, alone." 

You nodded, didn't I warn you yesterday??? 

"When I heard Candice call you out, I thought maybe you knew what it was like to be me and I thought maybe we could..." 

Be friends?  I sure hope he says yes, because if I didn't know any better I'd say the two of you losers were a match made in heaven. 

"If you want to be, of course.  I know you don't talk much and I'm actually surprised you've spoke at all really.  I thought I'd have a better shot at convincing Natalie that no one was out to get her and that her head gear was her best feature." 

Bess, did you just laugh?  Or was there a tiny earthquake that just knocked down the CNN center in Atlanta?  I definitely need to make a list of dos and don'ts for you! 

So thankful for the ringing of the bell and knowing lunch is over because if you carried on with Trevor and got noticed (which I'm sure every one felt the shaking of your laughter) then Candice might find a way to shove even YOU into a locker. Maybe this whole thing was a bad idea... maybe we should have never noticed Trevor?  Wait... wait... don't shut me out! 


DAMN YOU BESS ETHEL CRENSHAW! 


© 2012 Amanda Dawn Sanderson-Greer


Author's Note

Amanda Dawn Sanderson-Greer
I do not always know where to place a photo so I'll leave those chapter photos up to the illustrator herself.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This chapter really moved things along! Thank you for bringing this story forward. I'm enjoying seeing Trevor in a bit more genuine light (when he speaks).

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
1 Review
Added on September 27, 2012
Last Updated on October 22, 2012


Author

Amanda Dawn Sanderson-Greer
Amanda Dawn Sanderson-Greer

GA



About
I'm an entirely different breed, gladly embracing the fact that I'm an odd ball. I'm a YA writer that's do everything she can to stop procrastinating long enough to complete a novel, in order to self.. more..

Writing