~Chapter 2~

~Chapter 2~

A Chapter by GlamGirl
"

NaNoWriMo 2011

"
~

As soon as April walked into school, she was attacked by Brittany.


“April!” she screamed, smothering her with a hug.


“Good morning to you too, Brittany.”


“He’s here, oh my god, he’s here!” she screamed, jumping up and down.


“Shh! He’ll hear you!” said April.


“I have to talk to him. I have to! He’s so cute April, you have no idea!”


“Calm down!”


“No!! I can’t! This is the most amazing thing ever! Did you get my messages last night?”


“Yeah, all 5000 of them. Gosh! How much free time do you have to think about this boy?!” April played.


Brittany dragged April to the lobby and furiously started searching for this new boy.


“What does he look like?” April asked.


“He’s so hot! He has blond hair and blue eyes…” said Brittany, trailing off into a daydream.


Everyone else in the hallways seemed to be acting normal. No one had probably even noticed that there was a new face wandering around the school. He was obviously the highlight of Brittany’s day though. They had almost done a full lap around the whole school, when Brittany suddenly gasped. Her hands went to her hair and her outfit, frantically fixing everything.


“There he is, oh my god April! He’s looking at me!”


The boy turned the corner, and April finally got a glimpse of his face. He was handsome: blond hair, blue eyes, a neatly ironed shirt, and a pair of jeans. Just as Brittany had described him. He was being toured around the school by the principal, Mr. Barbella, who was noticing Brittany’s odd behavior.


“Hello Brittany, April,” he said with a nod.


Brittany smiled, and did a little wave.


“Hi, what’s your name?” she said to the new boy.


“Skylar Davis. But you can call me Skye,” he said with a smile.


“Nice meeting you Skye,” said April.


“Yeah, you too.”


April left to go find the twins. Brittany, however, stayed behind with Skye.


“So, what school did you come from?”


“Umm, I’m from uh… a different state.”


“Oh! Welcome then! The girl who just left was named April. My name is Brittany.”


“That’s a pretty name,” said Skye, obviously trying to make a good impression.


“Do you have your schedule yet? Maybe we have some classes together.”


“No, he doesn’t. And we should probably be getting on with our tour, right Skye?” said Mr. Barbella.


Skye nodded, and left Brittany alone in the hallway without saying goodbye. Just as he left, April came running up with the twins in tow.


“No!” they cried, “We just missed him!”


“I think he likes me!” Brittany said excitedly.


 “What about David?” said Phoebe.


“Darn… I’ll break up with him at lunch today I guess. I expect I will not be single for 

long!”


“His name is Skye,” said April, a little too dreamily than she had wanted.


“I secretly took a picture of him with my phone!” said Brittany, passing around her phone to the other girls.


The clique erupted into a wave of squeals as the bell rang. On her way to class, April bumped into Skye who had finished the tour with the principal.


“Oh, hey! You’re that girl that was with Brittany. What’s your name again? Wait, don’t tell me. It was… April! Yeah, wasn’t it?” said Skye.


“Yeah,” said April, briefly blushing.


“She’s a little… I dunno. Not my type of girl I guess. First impressions are everything, right?”


“Mmhmm,” she said, secretly pleased that Brittany had not won him over within a matter of seconds. Maybe this boy had a good head on him. “What class are you going to now?”


Skye took a crumpled piece of paper out of his pocket, and took a minute to decipher his daily schedule.


“Honors Humanities. Ugh, I’ve heard Humanities was really bad at this school,” he said.


“You’ve heard right. So you’re pretty smart, huh? Being in Honors and all…”


“Not really. I don’t really know why I got into honors,” Skye said uncertainly.


“I think I’m smart, compared to most of the numskulls in our school,” said April. Skye started laughing.


“I wouldn’t know. I was homeschooled by my mom.”


“Welcome to the real world, then.”


“My welcoming to the real world was when your strange friend started flirting with me before I had time to introduce myself,” he said.


“Yeah, she can be annoying sometimes,” said April, glad that someone shared her feelings about  Brittany.


“I could have sworn I saw her holding hands with a boy just a few minutes ago.”


“Yep. That’s her ‘boyfriend’. His name is David. Talk to him sometime, he doesn’t really have any friends,” she said.


“Okay. What’s this school like socially? Y’know, like, cliques and stuff.”


“Well, there’s our clique. Brittany is basically the head of it. Then there’s me and the twins.”


“Twins?”


“They aren’t actually twins, but they dress alike and do everything together. Their names are Phoebe and Serena.”


“Ah. Any male people I should make friends with?”


“Chance! I almost forgot about him,” said April, “He’s the emo kid, you’ll know it when you see him. He’s always got his headphones in. Tell him that April sent you.”


“Okay. Well, I should probably be getting off to class now.”


“Bye!”


Skye started walking away, but he had no idea where he was going. Confused, he found his way back to April.


“Forget something?” she asked when he approached.


“No. How the heck am I supposed to find my classes?”


April laughed, and graciously showed him the way to the Humanities classrooms.


At lunch, April got to be the lucky witness of Brittany breaking up with David.


“It was you, not me,” Brittany said, twisting the famous line.


“B-b-but… I love you?” said David, utterly confused. They had only been together for a few days after Brittany dumped her other boyfriend.


“Well, I don’t really love you. So, yeah.”


“Let’s just be friends,” David compromised, still in shock.


“Umm, no. Sorry.”


David’s face scrunched up, in order to keep from crying. It was not the breaking up he was sad from, oh no. It was the humiliation of being rejected in public by the most popular girl in school.


He slowly walked over to an empty table, feeling just rotten. Chance dragged a chair over, and they started a conversation.


“Sucks, huh?” said Chance.


“What?” said David, his voice barely a whisper.


“Love.  Some dude once said, “There is no remedy for love but to love more”. So don’t feel so bad. You’ll find another pretty girl who will want you to whisk them away into their little fantasy world.”


“Easy for you to say. Everyone knows you. Think how it feels to be the lowest of the low.”


“Man, you’re missing the point! You don’t understand. I…,” Chance paused, searching his heart to phrase this correctly, “I haven’t found my prince yet. You’ll find your girl, and live a promising life! Kids, a house, the whole package.”


David stopped to think about this for a second.


“I think you meant to say that you haven’t found you princess-”


“I didn’t misspeak.”


“Wait… so you’re…” David looked up at Chance for an answer to the question he wasn’t going to ask.


Chance gently nodded his head.


“But that doesn’t matter. If its love you’re after, you know when you’ve found the right person.”


“Okay. Thanks for that, bro.”


“Any time. Take care of yourself,” said Chance, leaving David with a friendly pat on the back.


Walking back to the clique’s table, he received several discreet high fives.


“Pep talking with the losers, Chance? Hmm?”


“Haha. Very funny. You can’t just ditch people like that, Britt.”


“He’s probably used to it,” she replied coldly.


The twins snickered, cramming their faces with each other’s lunches.


“Now it is time to step up my game. Skye, here I come!”


“Brittany!” April exclaimed.


“What, you’re jealous? Find your own men April, don’t lay your eyes on mine!”


“Brittany, you’ve been with almost every boy in the school. I’d have to be blind!”


 “No one asked you, April,” she said, “Oh my gosh, it is Skye!”


Skye was walking down the hallway, a ways away from the table.


“Gee, does she have special contacts to see when Skye is near?” Serena whispered to Phoebe.


“Probably, knowing her,” responded Phoebe.


“Hey Skylar!” yelled Brittany, charging at him through the crowd of people in the lunchroom.


“Hi Britt,” he responded with no enthusiasm, “And please don’t call me Skylar. It is… a family name.”


“Oh, sorry darling,” she pouted, running a hand through his perfect hair.


“And umm… don’t call me darling either. Just stick to Skye.”

He flinched under her touch, and shot a terrified glance at April. April looked at them, a perfect couple in the eyes of a stranger. In her eyes, she could see Brittany’s unhealthy wanting for him, and the spark of nervousness in his eyes.


“I actually have a meeting with the principal to discuss… stuff. So yeah, talk to you later,” Skye said, hunting for an escape route like a fish caught in a net.


“Could I have your number?” Brittany asked, the tone of her voice completely changing.


“Yeah, I guess.”


He scrawled some numbers down on a piece of paper that she had thrust into his hand.


“I’ll text you tonight,” she said, adding a flirty wink.


“Bye,” Skye said quickly, and made a dash for Mr. Barbella’s office.


Brittany backed off with a displeased smirk.


“He’ll get it tomorrow. Just wait.”


“Britt, come on. It is his first day here, and you’ve already managed to screw up his brain and his heart. No one wants a girl like that,” said Chance, speaking up from the end of the table.


“Chance, no one wants to hear it.”


“But you should. You’ve hurt more than one person today with these crazy ‘romantic’ thoughts running through your head. Give it a rest.”


“You all just shut up! I can do whatever I want with boys without being yelled at from people who have never been in love!” screamed Brittany, stomping out of the lunchroom.


“I’ve been in love,” said Chance to himself.


“I’ve been in love,” David echoed, in his own little world.


At her house, Brittany carefully stored Skye’s number in her contact list on her phone.

Fingers flying, she sent him the famous text:


britt: do you wanna go out?

skye: not really, im sorry

britt: why not????!!!!

skye: your just not my type


Brittany paused, and sat in the silence of her bedroom. It was not supposed to work out like this. Skye was supposed to cheerfully say yes, and they would walk into school holding hands tomorrow.


britt: haha your joking right?

skye: no…

britt: YOU R GOING TO B MY BF WHETHER U LIKE IT OR NOT

skye: says who?

britt: says me >:(

skye: or else wut?

britt: i will tell the whole school that you slept with april

skye: ok! ok! i’ll be ur boyfriend

britt: luv u honey, see you tomorrow at school! <3

skye: yeah, bye


Brittany slid her phone shut with a smile. She could always get her way with anyone.


 Skye was all hers now. Or was he?


~



© 2011 GlamGirl


Author's Note

GlamGirl
Another ridiculous chapter in this book... Grr. Editing is almost bad as actually writing it. Again, please leave an honest review. Thank you for reading this!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think Brittany is an evil b***h, nicely done there. She couldn't care less about her clique of friends and the only reason she keeps them around is to make herself look better. April is more smitten with Skye than she knows and I can tell that Skye likes her too, but he he don't know it yet. Awesome so far.

Posted 12 Years Ago


5,000 messages. Too much free time. A nice story. To be young and have opportunity and chance. Thank you for a excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Actually, I really liked this chapter. Of course the grammar is a little off, but you've already stated that and its not as nearly bad enough to raise sand about. I'm really eager to read the next chapter! Awesome job, can't wait for the next chapter!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 4, 2011
Last Updated on December 4, 2011


Author

GlamGirl
GlamGirl

VT



About
17, competitive dancer, musician, runner, general dork. I used to post a lot a few years ago, and I've found some interest again through a poetry class I am taking at school. Looking forward to pos.. more..

Writing
Janet Janet

A Poem by GlamGirl


Confess Confess

A Story by GlamGirl