Floating

Floating

A Poem by glittery_moth

In your eyes I saw a cross section of myself and knew, you knew my secrets, but my mask was unyielding under your passionate pleas for true openness. I flapped you away like a mother goose, ignored the hurt in your amber irises and prayed you wouldn't pour me out your blissful lips.

your half-shut eyes look at me clearer and closer than anybodies wide open eyes have before. Your pupils scan like an x-ray and your quiet observation prevailed over others loud blunt looks. How you saw through opaque eyes, I still can't figure out.
 
you promised the world was all ours, the stars would fall to our open palms and we could swim the ocean. All that fell was rain, and me, in love with you.

You never just teach me to swim, I sink.

© 2009 glittery_moth


Author's Note

glittery_moth
Well.. this sucks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I thought that this was a great poem! It was beautifully written, greatly detailed, and overall awesome! Great poem!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 9, 2009

Author

glittery_moth
glittery_moth

Porstmouth, United Kingdom



About
Im 14. Well, who am I exactly? You see thats what I've been trying to figure out for the past year or so. I am an emotional oxymoron. I contradict myself in so many ways, I want to fade away but am .. more..

Writing