I don't need your help.

I don't need your help.

A Story by Catie Rose
"

Jessica needs help, from anyone but Tyler.

"

Jessica groaned when she found that she couldn't reach the top shelf. At least half of her job was to stock shelves, and this could be grounds to be fired. She glanced around to see if anyone was available to help her but found the isle empty. Damn Emily on her damn break. So she lifted herself up onto the tips of her toes and slid the can of corn into place. That was one. Only twenty more to go.

"Need help?" she sighed when she heard Tyler laugh behind her.

"Nope." She replied, crossing her arms and turning towards him. He wore his work uniform that matched hers and it was anything but flattering on him. Blue was not his color. Not that it was hers either, but that was beside the point.

"You sure?" he offered again but she knew that letting him help her would be like letting Satan help her. She'd owe him her soul in return. Despite that fact that her soul wasn't used that much she still wasn't quite ready to let it go. So, again, she shook her head.

Tyler leaned against the shelves and continued smiling at her. She felt intimidated under his gaze. luckily it was at this time that Chasity walked by and saw the interaction.

"Is he bothering you Jessica?" Chasity glared at Tyler from the other end of the isle. Jessica knew that the two didn't get along very well, Chasity didn't get along well with any of the guys, and she also knew that Chasity had the power to order Tyler away from her. Before she could open her mouth to reply, Tyler did for her.

"I was just asking if Jess needs some help." Jessica cringed at the nick name. She hated to be called Jess. "But she says she's fine, so is there anything you need help with?" He walked towards her, past Jessica, with a big smile plastered on his face.

"No." Chasity shook her head, her face twisted into a sour expression. "If she doesn't want your help then maybe you should go do your own job."

Tyler shrugged, un-phased, and turned to wave to Jessica.

"See ya later, Jess." He smiled as he walked away and Jessica burned with anger. When he was gone Chasity came towards her.

"Do you need help?" She asked, and Jessica nodded.

"please?" She nodded towards the shelf. "I'm having trouble reaching." She looked down embarrassed. Chasity only smiled in return.

"Don't worry about it." She said, patting Jessica's shoulder. "When you stock the shelves just leave the top ones for me, okay? And you can do my ground ones. We can trade off." She offered and Jessica smiled.

"Okay."

© 2016 Catie Rose


Author's Note

Catie Rose
tell me what you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on February 10, 2016
Last Updated on February 10, 2016
Tags: love, friendship, work, help, shade, short story, short, reach

Author

Catie Rose
Catie Rose

McKee, KY



About
From Kentucky. more..

Writing
Alternative Alternative

A Story by Catie Rose