Breaking the News

Breaking the News

A Chapter by Miss Sally Sunshine

I stood up from the table, and started to walk away to find Seth. "I'm going to go find Seth." I whispered to Ava, over my shoulder.

 

I needed a good hug. And I knew that I'd have to be the one to tell him that I was leaving, and that Nolan was coming with us.

 

This was going to be hard, but at least this time I knew I was coming back. I wandered around aimlessly. Trying to collect my thoughts, and decide what I was going to tell Seth. I sighed. This was going to be really hard. For the both of us. I just got back, and I was leaving again. It wasn't fair. The only comfort I drew from these thoughts was that I knew that my return would be sweet.

 

I sighed again. It was time to face Seth, I couldn't put it off any longer. The sun was almost brushing the tops of the trees.

 

I walked down to the pier and I lucky found him right away. He was playing near the waters edge with Alena, Hayden, Adain, Avery, and Nolan. So practically everyone else but Ava and myself.

 

"Seth!" I called out. "Seth!"

 

His head snapped up the sound of his name being called. When he saw me standing on top of the little hill, he smiled and waved. Bad move. Avery tackled him to the ground, and then jumped up wooping. I rolled my eyes. Avery was such a boy when he was relaxed.

 

Seth got up and dusted himself off. He sauntered over to where I was standing. As he was walking over to me I realized he didn't have his shirt on. I stood there, a bit shocked, staring at his perfection. He had six pack abs, ripped arms, and he was just over all buff.

 

I tore my gaze off of his chest, looking back up to his face. I was pretty sure I was drooling. Seth was smirking at me, with one eyebrow raised. I blushed and looked at the ground.

 

Seth laughed and slung an arm around my shoulder. He used his free hand to lift my face up so he could kiss me. It was a bit intense, and I could tell that he wanted to really kiss, and I was ready, but not in front of the little kids. I pulled back from Seth's kiss.

 

He looked at me, a bit troubled. I didn't want him to think that I didn't want to kiss him, especially now that I was leaving. I smiled and kissed his cheek. "Not in front of the little kids." I whispered.

 

Seth laughed again. "Okay, later then." I reached up and grabbed the hand that was around my shoulder.

 

"We have to talk, Seth." I said sadly, frowning slightly.

 

He looked at my expression and all his joy and laughter flew out the window. "Why? What's wrong?"

 

I looked up into his deep blue, caring eyes. "I'm leaving. But only for a little bit, I'll be back." I whispered softly.

 

Anger flinted across Seth's face. "Why? Why are you leaving me again?" He asked harshly, like it was my choice.

 

I cringed, I didn't want him to be upset. "It's only for a little bit." I promised, still whispering.

 

"That still didn't answer my question." Seth said, his voice was softer this time, but still angry.

 

"I have to take care of some things with Ava, but Grandma Thora didn't tell me what they were. She only told Ava." I lied through the last part. Seth still didn't know about my fire, or so I thought.

 

"Does it have to do with your fire?" He asked.

 

I froze. I tried to think of ways to  deny it, but I bet that Nolan told him to scare Seth off, so now was a good time as ever to tell him the truth. "Yeah, it does have to do with my fire. Ava, Adain, Nolan, and I have to go on a mission to capture silver shards, battle to the death with some random stranger, and then, destroy some really old people who are more powerful than us, and save the world!!!" I hadn't meant to tell him that much but it slipped out.

 

Seth stared at me for a minute. I could see different emotions flinting over his face as what I said sunk in. Jealousy, confusion, anger, and, finally, horror. Seth pulled me towards him, hugging me to his chest.

 

I could feel the tears coming, but I squeezed my eyes shut tight, I didn't have time to break down. I wouldn't have time to cry for a really long time. I was going to have to stay together.

 

Seth stroked my hair, murmuring something in my ear, trying to comfort me. 

 

"What's wrong?" A voice broke through the ringing in my ears. Nolan, of course. I felt Seth's arms stiffen around me. "She's just a bit upset, that's all." Seth answered.

 

I could hear Nolan stepping closer. "Jada, sweetie? What's bothering you?" his voice was soft and caring. But I didn't want to be anywhere near him. Not after our kiss. A wave of guilt washed over me, I never told Seth. "Go ask, Ava." I hissed through my teeth.

 

"Hey, okay, kiddo! No need to get snippy! I'll go ask Ava then." Nolan huffed.

 

"Bring Avery with you," I said, "he needs to hear it too."

 

I heard Nol's footsteps retreat, and I broke away from Seth. "I have something else to tell you." I whispered. I might as well tell him everything. It's time to tell him about Nolan and my kiss.

 

"What?" Seth asked, coming up behind me and grabbing my hand.

 

"Well... It's just... When I got back... And you went in the house, well... Nol and I... We..." I just let the rest of the sentence hang there. "I didn't kiss him. He kissed me, and I broke it off when I realized what was happening." I added as an after thought.

 

Seth's grip became tighter and tighter, until finally he just let go, like he gave up and didn't want anything to do with me. I could practically feel my heart break. Like it hurt me to just have conntact with him broken.

 

Seth didn't look at me. "I need time to think, Jade." And then he stalked off. No scene like in movies, no automatic break up, or forgiveness, just six simple words.

 

I stood there from a long time. Just staring off at the water. Not really understanding what just happened. I sat down and I just sat there, watching the water turn form blue to black. I would have sat there all night if I hadn't started being eaten by bugs.

 

I walked back to Seth's house in a daze. Not even realizing that I would be leaving in the morning. This was supposed to be my last day with Seth, and it had slipped away, all becuase of Nolan.



© 2011 Miss Sally Sunshine


Author's Note

Miss Sally Sunshine
Whatcha think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

NOES. NOLAN IS MIIIIINE. 'Cause he belongs to this here Liv. :D

I LOVED IT. Gawd I missed this book. I love the emotion; you've definitely got a way with words. My heartstrings were tugged, and I screamed... "NOLAN IS MINE. NOLAN IS MIIIIINE."

Lawls. Luffed it.

I missed you. A lots.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Awwww! Poor Seth! :( At least Jade was being truthful, doesn't she get credit for that?? :)

~Lizzy~

Posted 12 Years Ago


NOES. NOLAN IS MIIIIINE. 'Cause he belongs to this here Liv. :D

I LOVED IT. Gawd I missed this book. I love the emotion; you've definitely got a way with words. My heartstrings were tugged, and I screamed... "NOLAN IS MINE. NOLAN IS MIIIIINE."

Lawls. Luffed it.

I missed you. A lots.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 17, 2011
Last Updated on November 23, 2011


Author

Miss Sally Sunshine
Miss Sally Sunshine

With Draco Malfoy, be jealous >:D, MA



About
Hello! So I'm fifteen and my name is Gabby. I'm on almost never and there are reasons for that. One mainly that I've grown up and simple moved on. But anyways. I'll be checking on every once and a whi.. more..

Writing