summer.

summer.

A Story by gnafla

It felt like a special summer. Those trees that lined the banks of the river we crossed everyday on the way to school were flowering in a burst of pink, despite being evergreen for the past few years, or so the teachers said.

The very same radiant pair of brown eyes that I often found myself lost in had a different shade today though, like something was on your mind. 



“We need to talk…”



“Do you like me?”



“I’m sorry, I’m not ready for another relationship. I just got over another person recently, and it was a very painful experience for me.”




“Please don’t wait for me. I am not worth it.”




The rest of the walk was silent. Deep inside I was screaming at myself, rethinking every situation where it could have gone wrong. I started replaying all our experiences together in the projector of my mind, analyzing every moment where I could have screwed up. I was consumed by the fear of what would happen next, would I lose you forever?

The trees didn’t flower on the day after. 

© 2012 gnafla


Author's Note

gnafla
i've only started writing recently, please be kind.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on October 21, 2012
Last Updated on October 21, 2012
Tags: love, rejection

Author

gnafla
gnafla

Singapore, Singapore



About
caffeine junkie who likes cello, cars and cookies. more..

Writing
sorry sorry

A Poem by gnafla


demons. demons.

A Poem by gnafla