Have a Frozen Water Pipe? Use These 5 Expert Tips to Get Rid of It

Have a Frozen Water Pipe? Use These 5 Expert Tips to Get Rid of It

A Story by Gold Medal Plumbing
"

5 Great Tips by a Leading Plumbing Company to Help You Thaw Your Frozen Water Pipe.

"


Plumbing services in Mississauga are often summoned for frozen pipe repair at places where temperature goes below the freezing point. Hundreds of homeowners call plumbing companies every year so as to get their frozen water pipes thawed. One simply cannot ignore this situation or else things might get difficult at home. A frozen water pipe means you’ll be left with limited access to water for drinking and other purposes.


Professionals that offer services regarding plumbing and drain cleaning in Mississauga say that homeowners can thaw their frozen pipes without any professional help by just following some simple steps. These steps are stated below:

  1. First step according to any plumbing service in Mississauga should be to check whether the pipe has cracked or not because of the frozen water. Houses that were built earlier have a different piping system all together as compared to that present today. So, homeowners having an old house must be on their toes to check whether the pipes of their home have cracked or not because of the ice.

  2. After making sure that the pipes lack any sort of cracks and crevices, your next move should be to turn-off the water which is running in the pipe. People living in old houses will have to shut their main water supply, while people living in newly built houses will simply need to isolate their frozen pipe from their home’s remaining water system with the help of a shut-off valve.

  1. Experts of drain cleaning in Mississauga then advise to open-up the faucets which connect to that frozen pipe. This will eventually help the frozen water pipe to get rid of the icy cold water that’s trapped inside the pipe. Moreover, by opening the tap you’ll be able to sublime and minimize the pressure that has otherwise built-up inside the pipe. Draining this icy water means majority of the job is done.

  2. By now you might have released a good amount of icy cold water; however, the pipe’s core still remains frozen. In order to thaw that, wrap a towel around this portion of the pipe and then start pouring steamy hot water in it. This will help to provide warmth to the ice that’s present in the pipe’s core ultimately melting the solid chunks of ice that are present in it. One can even make use of a hand held dryer for blowing warm air on the pipe’s frozen part.

  3. Those who provide plumbing services in Mississauga also say that remaining portion of the frozen water pipe can be thawed by using a small room heater. Keep it next to the water pipe for at least an hour. This will heat-up the water pipe to a great extent and thaw the hardest of the frozen portions of the pipe.

These tips can work all the time in case of frozen water pipes, but in case your situation is much more severe than it, don’t hesitate to call a professional plumbing company. Gold Medal Plumbing provide the best drain repair and plumbing services in Mississauga. Contact us any-time at 905-282-1985 to get more info on our services.


© 2016 Gold Medal Plumbing


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on February 4, 2016
Last Updated on February 4, 2016
Tags: plumbing services, frozen water, frozen pipe repair, plumbing company, professional plumbers, drain cleaning, temperature

Author

Gold Medal Plumbing
Gold Medal Plumbing

Canada



About
Gold Medal Plumbing offers a complete range of plumbing installation & drain repair services across Mississauga, Burlington and Oakville. more..

Writing