Top 10 Pumpkin Recipes to Try this Halloween

Top 10 Pumpkin Recipes to Try this Halloween

A Story by Good Food Gift Card

Halloween is just around the corner, and the pumpkins seem to be gathering in front of your home day by day. You’ve got to carve them and make your home look scary and “Halloween-ish” - but what do you do with all the pumpkin flesh that has been left out? You can’t really throw it out; it would be a shame.




Well, lucky for you, we have a few ideas - 10 of them, actually. And all of them are delicious.


        1. Pumpkin Pie

No matter how you look at it, this is a classic - and the perfect recipe for when fall strikes. And it’s also fairly simple to make. With a bit of whipped cream, it’s a delicious Halloween treat.


        2. Pumpkin Soup

When it’s cold outside, nothing can beat pumpkin soup. Just make sure to save the seeds as well. They represent a great source of zinc and protein - and they will add extra flavor to the dish.


             3. Pumpkin Chips

Simple, yet delicious. And all you have to do is cut the pumpkin into wedges and bake them. Plus, if you add a yogurt dip or a tangy salsa, it will be even better. It’s the perfect dish for a Halloween party.


            4. Pumpkin Pancakes

Pumpkin flesh and egg whites: that’s all you need to make some delicious pumpkin pancakes. Plus, they are dairy free, so they are as healthy as they are delicious. Your kids will definitely love this undercover veg recipe.

  

            5. Ginger and Pumpkin Cupcakes

These are not only cute and healthy, but they are also delicious. They have pumpkin as a base ingredient, but they use sultanas and ginger for some extra flavor. They are also very delicious with cheese frosting.


            6. Pumpkin Curry

Yes, you can make curry out of pumpkins. This one is not as spiced as regular pumpkins; just mildly. You can adjust it as a toddler meal, or a spicier meal for an adult.


            7. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

You can use pumpkin flesh to make cookie dough - which you can turn into fluffy and light chocolate chip cookies. They look like a regular chocolate chip cookie - but they have the sweetness that only pumpkin can bring.


           8. Vampire Pumpkin Muffins

It’s Halloween - so obviously, you need to add vampires in the mix. Make some regular pumpkin muffins, and then use cherry tomatoes and mozzarella to make a vampire’s face.


          9. Stuffed Muffin

Take out the seeds from a pumpkin, and add onions, grains, garlic, herbs, and other spices. It sounds simple, but the result is delicious.


   10. Spiced Pumpkin Bread with Walnuts

Make a regular cake/bread batter, to which you add pumpkin flesh. After the composition is over, you add walnuts - and even raisins if you like them. This recipe is great, no matter if it’s on a festive table or as a morning snack.


Halloween doesn’t have to be scary. As long as you have tasty food, you won’t have the time to worry about any skeletons in the closet - literally. Try them all out and see which one you like best.

© 2018 Good Food Gift Card


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on October 23, 2018
Last Updated on October 23, 2018
Tags: Awards Winners, Australia, Food, Restaurants, Good Food Gift Card, Australian Restaurants

Author

Good Food Gift Card
Good Food Gift Card

Australia



About
Amazing offers available on Good Food Gift Card. We help you discover the best things to do, eat and buy– wherever you are! Make every day awesome with the fine dining! more..