5. At the hospital

5. At the hospital

A Chapter by pal
"

Mr. Henry returning home saw his home on fire and wife upset.The firemen had rescued Kath, but she was injured and bleeding. He adored firemen who had fought well.Kath was treated at the hospital, and the doctor wanted more tests on her, he was worried.

"

 

Sacrificing self

So far;

 

1. “At the company’s meeting”; for Mr. Henry the Joint venture meeting with his foreign delegates was a great success, all changed in the end when Ms Eli, his secretary whispered in his ears something…. 

 

2. “Mind’s play; where the hell were the keys! Damn it. Oh!  When things start going bad for you, all happen at once.  As if the sky opens up, showering all at once. Who the hell cares, his family was in distress, frantically waiting for him to help..

 

3. “The scene”; He wasn’t thinking anymore, but trying to comprehend what went wrong? At the moment, he heard shrieking sirens of Fire engine trucks.  He saw his wife getting out of the taxi and moving towards him..

 

4. “The Firemen- I knew”; coming on senses, Ms Sandra started worrying about children, while the firemen on their job salvaged properties and brought people to safety.  Kath was bleeding from head injury and taken to hospital.

 

And now;

“At the hospital”

 

Mr. Henry was calm.  He knew that nothing serious had happened.  Kath had suffered some burn.  He was certain, that some scar would be left on her hand much later after cure.  What worried him was her head injury, he wasn’t sure, what the doctors would say. 

 

Ms Sandra kept to her silence.  That certainly helped Mr. Henry concentrate on his immediate task, to “reach the hospital”.  At the entrance to the hospital, Ms. Sandra and Tom got out and Mr. Henry drove ahead towards the parking lot.

 

Soon after parking his car, Mr. Henry made inquiries at the reception.  He was told Kath was at the emergency ward on the 1st floor and she was getting required medical attention.  Walking up the stairs, he reached the reception desk at the emergency ward.  He was asked to wait and directed towards his family waiting across the lobby.

 

Ms Sandra informed him that she hadn’t spoken to the doctors yet, as they were inside attending to Kath.  We had to wait, and we did.      

 

 

From the reception some one called out “ Mr. Henry Smith,  would you please come on over here please?”  They were more than pleased to hear some one calling them.  Mr. Henry and Sandra  went across to the reception area.  A doctor over there, greeted them, introducing himself as one of the several doctors who attended to Kath. 

 

He was very brief, in what he had to tell them.  They had attended to Kath’s head injury and that the blood flow had been stopped.  She has gained her consciousness and it will take some more time, before any one could see her. Burn injury had been taken care of, not to worry.  The doctor wanted them to wait.  Mr. Henry glanced at his watch, it showed 11.30 pm.

 

Moments like these aren’t easy.  They waited.

 

Several doctors came out from the room where Kath was being attended to.  One of the senior doctor called out, “Mr. Henry, please”.  The doctor introduced himself as specialist on Brain Neurology Dr. Nelson and went on to tell about Kath.  She had responded very well to medical treatments.  Her head injury and hand burn had been taken care of. 

 

What worried Mr. Henry was when the doctor said, “ Mr. Henry, still we need to observe your daughter for at least 3 more days.  I prefer she under goes some brain tests”.  He felt bit restless, “what’s the matter doctor?”, “nothing serious, some routine checks, before we could rule out few things”, the doctor replied.  Mr. Henry knew, what it meant, surprises certainly unpleasant ones. 

 

Life had taught him well, be prepared for the worse, then there aren’t surprises at all.  Yet, his mind was restless.  

 

 

..to be continued

 

Pal

 



© 2008 pal


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

368 Views
Added on September 7, 2008
Last Updated on September 18, 2008


Author

pal
pal

sofia, Bulgaria



About
PAL: That's me, a friend. Socially and mentally matured. A person with positive attitude and take one thing at a time. Neither look back nor worry on future. Prefer meaningful talk with others .. more..

Writing
SACRIFICING SELF SACRIFICING SELF

A Book by pal


2. Mind's play 2. Mind's play

A Chapter by pal