A name

A name

A Story by Damon Favreau
"

I wanted to give this a try. This is a very short story that has multiple interpretations and is very deep and thought provoking. Read slowly, and multiple times. Mull it over. Comment. :)

"
A young man about the age of eightteen, dressed in expensive clothes was walking down the street when he noticed a middle-aged man come around the corner of a building weilding a pistol which quickly was aimed at the young man's head. With a raspy smokers caugh, the middle-aged man said to him "Give me your name, so that I own it and it is mine. I have lent you much that you owe, and is past due." "No. A name is given to everyone on Earth, where it should stay. Any man or woman who gives up something so precious is like a baker selling all of his flour before he has made anything of it." With that the young man was shot in the heart as he struck the man in the face.

© 2012 Damon Favreau


Author's Note

Damon Favreau
A name. Freedom. Some things are worth more than life itself.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on June 20, 2012
Last Updated on June 20, 2012

Author

Damon Favreau
Damon Favreau

Spokane, WA



About
Collector of vintage lighters. Energy-filled sex-demon. Coffee enthusiast. Electronica entrepreneur. more..

Writing
Sneak Peek Sneak Peek

A Chapter by Damon Favreau