One week only lover

One week only lover

A Story by Lily Legrand

1.1

He was the type of guy who was anywhere in the world but at home. Maybe in a hotel room in the capital city of a country you only dreamed of going to. Maybe at the airport on the way to somewhere new. Maybe at a pool, at the beach, at some girls place. But he is sending you a text and making you a compliment. He says he really misses you and can’t wait to see you again although you hardly ever met. And when you do he talks to everyone but you, but you’re always at his side and now and then he’ll just turn his head, kiss your neck and whisper into you ear how hot you are and he can’t wait to get out of this place and how the music is too loud and there are too many hipsters. But he gets out his camera one more time, takes a few snaps, gets you a drink before finally grabbing your arm and getting you out of the club, into a taxi, through the lobby onto the bed.

1.2

Of course I didn’t believe any of his compliments. By now I was clever enough to be in for it just for the fun- for the after-party, the free entries, jealous looks and, of course free drinks. For being picked up by him. For sleeping in crisp sheets. For, just now and then seeing his real side when he listens to me or tells stories or makes a joke about something we both despise. 

1.3

When we are together and I talk to other boys he gets jealous. He comes closer and starts dancing with me and when another girl, maybe the one he met last time he was here, comes along to talk or dance or offer drugs he shakes his head and says: "Not now". I say "I want to dance with him" pointing out a guy with my chin but he replies "I won't make it easier for him to kiss you than it already is" So he kisses me and I light a cigarette, smiling, knowing that for just this week we'll stick together.

1.4

But I also knew that, as much fun it was, it wouldn’t last long. So when I woke up in the King Size bed on my own one cold morning I wasn’t upset or angry. I felt kind of relieved, and I knew he’d come back, one day and that he just needed the adventure and freedom to go to a different city, another hotel, to the next airport. To be at a pool or beach, with some girl. But he would text me to say he arrived safe and say that I’m so hot, he’s missing me already and hopes we see each other again soon.  

© 2013 Lily Legrand


Author's Note

Lily Legrand
it's a real story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on June 12, 2013
Last Updated on June 12, 2013
Tags: love

Author

Lily Legrand
Lily Legrand

Paris, France



About
Aspiring model and writer. Loves to play folk-songs ob guitar, cook and travel more..

Writing