Pondering the Meaning of a Pitted Cherry

Pondering the Meaning of a Pitted Cherry

A Chapter by beatrice
"

An Introduction

"

A cherry is innocence, and a plucked cherry is the loss of that same innocence, in neither a positive or negative connotation. To be a pitted cherry is to succumb to societal standards that do not meet your own within. To be considered and expected to be beautiful and perfect on the outside, whether or not what is inside is liked or accepted. The pit of a cherry is ugly and when crushed, it contains 0.17 grams of lethal cyanide. Two cherry pits crushed up can lead to the death of a human being, yet that very pit is the beginning of the cherry’s life. The pit of a cherry is its essence, and without it, there would be no cherry at all. No innocence, no loss of that, and no corruption. Society shuns that part- the core, the thing that is the very core of what a cherry is- yet also praises the outer beauty and exterior. When your pit is taken from you, you are no longer you. Quite literally, when you are pitted, you are gutted of your very essence; sometimes the pitting is at the fault of someone close, and sometimes, one may even pit themselves. 



© 2020 beatrice


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

• The pit of a cherry is its essence, and without it, there would be no cherry at all.

Uh-huh... Yet strangely, cherry pie, cherry jam...cherry candy, and the rest get along quite well, yet your "essence" is of interest to few.

A pit-ty, I suppose. And, a demonstration that words, but not intent, are all that reaches the reader.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
1 Review
Added on July 30, 2020
Last Updated on July 30, 2020
Tags: lesbian, comingofage, comingout, fiction, wlw, friendship, lgbtq, lgbt, highschool, pride, loveislove, relationship, teen


Author

beatrice
beatrice

Costa Mesa, CA



About
she/her wannabe novelist. hopeless romantic. somewhat pessimistic. coffee enthusiast. currently working on a young adult lesbian coming of age book. more..

Writing