Iatoji in John's Future

Iatoji in John's Future

A Story by John Carver

Meet Iatoji. He is God of John’s mind and so the God of the minds of those living on John’s planets.


Now there was a young woman who had been hearing voices and Iatoji went to her mind to see if he could help. The first thing he did was to scan her brain. If was fine yet. But he did notice the voices. They seemed most annoying. So he asked her, “Do you want all these voices?”


“I don’t know who they are or where they come from,” she replied, “And I don’t know what to do about them. If I yell at them to be quiet they quit for a moment then they get worse. I hate the things! I’ve tried to ignore them. But they seem to know what buttons to push to really get to me. Are they real?”


“They are to you.That’s because you make them,” Iatoji said, “Anything you speak to in your own mind may strike up a conversation. Some people find them useful. But they have to be handled with care except for some people who can handle them for another voice of their own they use as another viewpoint to help solve problems or handle their other cares. But if they get out of control they can drive us to do foolish things that get a definite response which is usually what we would say to them if they were people who spoke to us that way and the more adversarial they become the greater they will become to us as you say knowing how best to get at us. I can get rid of them but you have to cooperate. Don’t talk to any voice in your mind that you hear whether quite friendly or quite threatening. The more you talk to them the more they become to you and after a while they can seem to be something evil. With your type you probably feel you probably think you can verbalize anything you want to in your own mind and you can if you are willing to pay the price. You have the Great God given right to personal autonomy. You do not have to talk to them. But with your type you are more likely to talk to them even to tell them you have the personal right to personal autonomy because if you have been talking to yourself a while they are a viable part of your thought life in your mind and could therefore have the right to make the same assertion. That only works with other spirits and your voices can seem like other spirits even if you do not want other spirits to come in to help you who usually become just like your voices. Don’t even talk to yourself let alone answer those in your own thought life by talking to them or verbalizing to them in your mind that you are talking to them. I know given the type that you have become and were that will not be easy if you are just going to do what you used to do. But most likely you are not aware that you did and that is where it started but keep on trying. If it gets bad enough you will damage your brain and Great God can give you a new brain. But what’s the use if you are just going to do what you do with it even though you are probably not aware of it. You will just get in the same state no matter how many brains he gives you. He will get very tired of it. He would have just let you die but no matter what you may think dying is not an option anymore. But he will send you a spirit and they will have you think that original thought and teach you not to do, say or think what you did to teach you not error again given your thought. Then the Spirit Yo will order you not to do it and you will never do it again or go so far that all you can think about is killing yourself which is only the natural end for someone like you. Now all you spirits and voices come with me in search of another brain that will take you for you do not have the personal right to autonomy they are not you the original one whose personal authority is higher than anyone else. They you let your personal authority be heard. Follow my advice.


With that all the voices not her original one went toward the top of her brain when Iatoji said, “Just keep on going until you find an empty brain. I will find you. I need to talk to the original one a bit but I will not go after them. The spirits will go dormant and the voices will not be heard again. If you need me which I am sure you will just call on me and I’ll be there immediately. My! Is it quiet in here or what?”


“Thank you very much,” she verbalized to me breaking with my advice not to talk to any voice even her own, “But what if someone wants to send me a thought?”


“Like Great God gave me power to go to you, you mean?” Iatoji asked dejected, “Do you think that wise for anyone but a God to do to you?”


“You have a point,” she said.


“Do you think it is a good point?” Iatoji asked, knowing she did not.


“Yes,” she said, “But I don’t want to miss out on anything either.”

changed my advice hoping she could handle at least that.


“Who’s left?” Iatoji said and she laughed. “That is all you missed out on. Don’t talk to your thoughts unless it’s me or the Great God.” I

“How will I know?” she asked.


“We will know who you are and identify ourselves,” Iatoji said. “Remember? No talking to yourself and no answering your own thoughts no matter how unfamiliar they sound! Will you do that before we get to the present and you are perhaps a god yourself, maybe?”


“Yes,” she said but Iatoji sensed some hesitancy. Yes what, Iatoji and you too, Great God?” I said to Great God knowing he was John also.


“That is what you meant,” she said with the same hesitancy.


“You can,” Iatoji said, “But you won’t. What if I don’t come back? The present is ever nearer. Be ready for it! When it comes you may not even be aware of it. Hearing your own voice is no fun at all after a while and in times after this can be most debilitating. I hope that if I have to come back to anybody and you need me it will be sooner than later.”


© 2023 John Carver


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on April 7, 2023
Last Updated on April 7, 2023

Author

John Carver
John Carver

Bemidji, MN



About
Go to a direct printer, edit and sell youe own book while it's still yours. That's self-publishing not paying thousands of dollars to self-publish one who tries to tell you you're doing the same thing.. more..

Writing