Writing after a long time

Writing after a long time

A Poem by gouri
"

This is a short verse on my experience of trying my hand on writing after a long break.

"
Writing after a long time 
Brooding to activate my writing skills,
that had been paused for a while.
Brushed up my brain,
Shopped some pen papers,
Sat down to introspect my creative self,
Struggled to think a topic.
Learnt a lesson,
"A  writer's resting pen can repress his creative mind"

© 2016 gouri


Author's Note

gouri
this wasn't meant to be a perfect rhyming poetry.
It's just an expression of my experience.
Would appreciate to know a better way to do so.
Guidance and Likes are most welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i really like the last line! keep writing :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Beautiful. I could connect to it more because I had been through the same phase. This touched my heart.

Posted 7 Years Ago


gouri

7 Years Ago

thank you Payel :-)
I know the feeling - getting back into writing and finding your flow after not having written anything in a while can be difficult. It's like writer's block but like a whole way of those blocks, right? That being said, you conveyed that message very well, and I commiserated with your experience (it has happened to me over the years so many times as I always go back and forth between focusing on reading and focusing on writing). Your last line is so true, but you still got a poem out of the difficulty regardless. :)

A critique, if I may: the first two lines are in present tense and the ones following are in past tense. In order to clearly make sense, I think you should choose one or the other and go from there. It's something I always notice because my English teacher rammed it into my skull during the entirety of my freshman year of high school - and that was 5 years ago.

Overall, though, this was a nice little poem to read. I feel like I understood you and your situation well. Congrats on getting back into writing! I look forward to reading more from you.

Posted 7 Years Ago


gouri

7 Years Ago

thank you dear for taking out time to read and review this. It means a lot to me. You did connect to.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 8, 2016
Last Updated on June 8, 2016
Tags: writing, after a break, creative, new writers

Author

gouri
gouri

Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates



About
hello Readers, I am a writer by passion and not profession. Love to pen down my thoughts, but nervous on showcasing my creative self, Yet here i 'm , to polish and nurture my skills, to Enh.. more..

Writing
I Need Change I Need Change

A Poem by gouri